Source for 295 Pro XL Windshield Attachment Screws?

On a recent trip my co-angler lost his balance and fell into the passenger windshield on my '04 295 Pro XL, stripping the attachment screws out of the fiberglass console.

1. Anyone know a source for replacement attachment screws that match the originals? One of them got lost in the shuffle. Photo attached.

2. Since the screws stripped out of the holes, what's the best way to repair this? I'm *certain* this has happened many times before...

Thanks,
    -Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL, 200 Mercury Optimax, 25p Tempest+

2. Member

I would try Custom Mold and Tint and see if they have the hardware you need. They make boat windshields for several boating manufactures. I don't see mounting hardware listed on their website but I would bet they do have mounting hardware. If the hole is stripped you can shim it...I have shim a fiberglass hole a couple different ways. Stick a tooth pick in the hole and then start the screw. Once you get the screw almost all the way in snap off the tooth pick. You can also use a thin piece if rubber or a small ziptie. If you have some heat shrink stick it along side the screw threads and once the screw is almost in trim the tubing so it is not seen. Be creative, all you need is something to make the hole small yet let the screw take a hold.

here is custom mold and tint website... http://getaboatwindshield.com/products

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I would try Custom Mold and Tint and see if they have the hardware you need. They make boat windshields for several boating manufactures. I don't see mounting hardware listed on their website but I would bet they do have mounting hardware. If the hole is stripped you can shim it...I have shim a fiberglass hole a couple different ways. Stick a tooth pick in the hole and then start the screw. Once you get the screw almost all the way in snap off the tooth pick. You can also use a thin piece if rubber or a small ziptie. If you have some heat shrink stick it along side the screw threads and once the screw is almost in trim the tubing so it is not seen. Be creative, all you need is something to make the hole small yet let the screw take a hold.

here is custom mold and tint website... http://getaboatwindshield.com/products
    this is who made them for stratos mine had a sticker on it incase parts were needed

basscat has the stuff needed also likely in their store for screw on mounting my stratos had the 1/4 turn like release like soccerboy has listed
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Thanks all - appreciate the help. My boat does not have the quarter turn releases; it has screws about 3/4" long with recessed heads as you can see in the picture.

I'll give Custom Mold and Tint a call first thing on Monday. Clearly Stratos bought this hardware from a vendor, I just have to find them (and hope they're still around). If all else fails I can replace all the boat windshield fasteners with another type but I'd rather not make a little project into a bigger one... I've got enough other boat projects to do.

6. Banned
    My local marine supply store has both the screws and collars in various sizes. I had to replace one that had been stripped out. EZPZ. just used the next size up.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WCBasser View Post
    Thanks all - appreciate the help. My boat does not have the quarter turn releases; it has screws about 3/4" long with recessed heads as you can see in the picture.

I'll give Custom Mold and Tint a call first thing on Monday. Clearly Stratos bought this hardware from a vendor, I just have to find them (and hope they're still around). If all else fails I can replace all the boat windshield fasteners with another type but I'd rather not make a little project into a bigger one... I've got enough other boat projects to do.
    http://getaboatwindshield.com/
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by WCBasser View Post

They are still in business and are currently the largest supplier of bass boat windshields in the industry. If they don't have the grommet and screw you need I will be shocked.

9. Member
    You can probably find them on Amazon. When I recarpeted my boat I replaced the black SS screws.

10. Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Custom Mold and Tint had the hardware and was very helpful. Cost was very reasonable.

11. Member
    You call C&O Marine in TNN
    They use to have a few trailers of parts.