2022 Crestliner MX19

I'm thinking about buying an MX19. Will the 1840lb weight of the boat and 98 inch beam help or hurt in the wind and rougher water?

2. Member
    Semi Vee hulls are not designed for rough water, i.e., 3' or higher
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

3. Member
    ... not been in one but it is probably good with the trolling motor down assuming that relatively high weight helps it displace water. I assume you are buying it to fish so that is normally the primary consideration.

When you are talking running with the outboard at speed in rough conditions, only hulls that run on pads, have enough deadrise to cut into waves and length to bridge the waves are truly comfortable. Even the better fiberglass bass boats take a second seat to deep vee hulls but they are not really comparable to the MX19

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

I will let you know when I'm done breaking it in (only 5 hours). It's a fairly heavy boat and so far I haven't had more than a 2 foot chop with no issues. Let me know if you have any more questions on the MX19.

BoatPicDT.jpeg

5. Member
    BoatPicDT.jpeg

Beautiful boat love that blue! Congrats!

6. Member
    Thanks for the pic. That blue is very cool. I'd really appreciate any info you can give me. What size motor did you get? I see your from Spring. I went to Conroe to fish with my old college roommate and he caught a 10lb 4oz.
    Last edited by smallbass; 01-13-2023 at 02:51 AM. Reason: misspelling

7. Member
    BassAM what speeds have you seen so far? Or is break-in period still in effect?

Quote Originally Posted by smallbass View Post
    Thanks for the pic. That blue is very cool. I'd really appreciate any info you can give me. What size motor did you get? I see your from Spring. I went to Conroe to fish with my old college roommate and he caught a 10lb 4oz.
    Thanks, I have the Merc 200 4-stroke. I won this boat in the Omnia Fishing/Crestliner contest that was held at the BMC in Ft Worth, 2021. They let me pick the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    BassAM what speeds have you seen so far? Or is break-in period still in effect?
    Yeah, I only have a little over 5 hours on it. I'm running a 23p tempest and seeing mid-50's but know I can get more. The issue I'm having is the porpoising, even with it trimmed down and a lot of weight forward.

10. Member
    Can you adjust the manual jack plate to help with the porpoising?

Yes, I just haven't got that far yet. I don't want to post my likes and dislikes yet until I give it a chance with some time on the water.

12. Member
    Really looking forward to hearing your likes and dislikes.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAm View Post
    Yes, I just haven't got that far yet. I don't want to post my likes and dislikes yet until I give it a chance with some time on the water.
    If you decide you don’t like it, I will give you what you paid for it. Hope you get it figured out and love it.

14. Member
    I'm still kind of perplexed that your MX19 is Porpoising. Isn't the fuel tank under the seats? I know that Avid and I believe that Vexus do the same to keep from porpoising.
    Last edited by smallbass; 01-17-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Last edited by BassAm; 01-18-2023 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by smallbass View Post
    I'm still kind of perplexed that your MX19 is Porpoising. Isn't the fuel tank under the seats? I know that Avid and I believe that Vexus do the same to keep from porpoising.
    Here is what I know I am not a set-up expert:

Yes, the 40 gallon fuel tank is under the seats. Add 3-31 Series batteries (prob 55 lb/each), plus 200 Merc 4-Stroke (475 lb), + 2 Power Pole Blades (50 lb).

Hull weight is 1834#

CL Side Motor.jpg

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAm View Post
    Here is what I know I am not a set-up expert: Yes, the 40 gallon fuel tank is under the seats. Add 3-31 Series batteries (prob 55 lb/each), plus 200 Merc 4-Stroke (475 lb), + 2 Power Pole Blades (50 lb). Hull weight is 1834#
    The fuel tank in my Ranger 198 is under the seats and it does not porpoise. I do no think that would cause it. Especially since you have a lot of weight at the stern which is a good think and should help control porpoise.

I'm thinking about lowering it about .25" to .5". It jumps on plane in <2 seconds and doesn't appear to be blowing out or slipping.