Minor issue with my new prop.

back in Sept. I threw out a question on what prop I should be using to increase my RPMs and had a recommendation to try a 15P revolution 4. Well I picked up a 17P revolution 4 for a good price from a fellow member. I had done some research on my own also and thought I was golden, but today I slide it on the shaft and realized I have a small issue. the larger diameter of the Revolution hits my trim tab. Is there a solution or do I need to keep looking for a different prop with a smaller diameter like my current Trophy Plus
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Todd Kress
    1993 150HP XRI 17 pitch worked Tempest Plus
    OD232323
    1993 Procraft 200 combo

2. Member
    Well if you have hydraulic steering take the trim tab off. You could always add a torque tab. The thrust washers come in various thicknesses too, you could work with your marine mechanic to see if he could find a used one that lets the prop ride deeper in the housing IF it doesn't hit anything there.
    Or you could wear earmuffs until it makes its own clearance.

3. Member
    Mercury makes an offset trim tab as well, had one on my old efi before I added hydraulic steering. Not sure what the pn is offhand.

Merc makes a flat anode as well as off set. But I would just cut yours off flat and save some money.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Well if you have hydraulic steering take the trim tab off. You could always add a torque tab. The thrust washers come in various thicknesses too, you could work with your marine mechanic to see if he could find a used one that lets the prop ride deeper in the housing IF it doesn't hit anything there.
    Or you could wear earmuffs until it makes its own clearance.
    Do not run with the anode/tab in place. If anything get the flush mounted one. There’s a water pickup on the front of it to cool the exhaust. Without it you’ll be asking for problems

6. Member
    Thanks for the options. It doesn't look like the offset tabs cost too much so will probably try that 1st.
    Todd Kress
    1993 150HP XRI 17 pitch worked Tempest Plus
    OD232323
    1993 Procraft 200 combo

It's the rake and diameter of the prop that causes this issue. Nothing wrong with the thrust washer etc.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html