Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcatfish View Post
    Yes definitely. If I find one at a decent price, or find one at all, I'll probably pull the trigger
    I was fortunate enough to find both of my Olympic Vigore 17H casting rods at: オリムピック(OLYMPIC) 20 ビゴーレ 20GVIGC-71H 20ビゴーレ(VIGORE)、16ビゴーレ(VIGORE) | 激安釣具通販 ルアーフィッシング キャスターハウス (casterhouse.co.jp)

Unfortunately, Casterhouse.co.jp has been OOS of Vigore casting rods since last summer. Your best bet is probably to seek out a Vigore 71H casting rod on Yahoo.jp auction.

Good luck with your JDM rod search and please have a great day!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by City17Banner View Post
    Yes, I think those are valid choices if you primarily fish from a boat. If you fish from a kayak, I'd recommend either the new War Gazelle or the Grand Cobra RS/GT instead due to their shorter rod lengths but there are lots of options within the Evergreen rod Kaleido Inspirare and Orion Combat Stick rod model lines.

I think that the new for 2023 Super Stallion GT3RS might actually dethrone the Black Rose in my boat if it provides equivalent or better sensitivity than the Black Raven Extreme for example. We'll see since the Super Stallion GT2RS Product Page now has a notice stating: * The production of this product has been discontinued.

So perhaps we'll all get a chance to buy the new GT3RS sooner rather than later?!?

Loving reading these reviews! I have the black raven extreme rs and it’s by far the most sensitive rod I’ve owned for 3/8 ounce jigs. Another amazing one I just purchased is the Oltre 67m and it’s an Electric rod, been using it t rigged worms.

Do you know when the 2023 super stallion is going to be released? That will probably be my next purchase. If you don’t mind me asking where are you getting the information for the upcoming new jdm rod releases?

3. Member
    this is the latest news I found on the Super Stallion GT3RS

https://www.lurenewsr.com/239158/

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StymoDe View Post
    this is the latest news I found on the Super Stallion GT3RS

https://www.lurenewsr.com/239158/
    Yes, StymoDe beat me to the punch by a whole day! If you are interested in JDM fishing tackle, Lure News R is your best bet if you are not living in Japan and/or not a native speaker/reader.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

5. Member
    I was fortunate enough to find both of my Olympic Vigore 17H casting rods at: オリムピック(OLYMPIC) 20 ビゴーレ 20GVIGC-71H 20ビゴーレ(VIGORE)、16ビゴーレ(VIGORE) | 激安釣具通販 ルアーフィッシング キャスターハウス (casterhouse.co.jp)

Unfortunately, Casterhouse.co.jp has been OOS of Vigore casting rods since last summer. Your best bet is probably to seek out a Vigore 71H casting rod on Yahoo.jp auction.

They have the 7'6” MH in stock. They list it as a moving bait rod, but wondering if it loses anything with bottom contact?

Interestingly enough, Major Craft is using this carbon on their new Days, with SIC more than likely. I also saw JDM Tackle Haven says Shimano is removing Torzite on some lines due to a shortage and moving to SIC.

6. Member

Well, I think I've found a 20GVIGC-71H. Order has been placed, hoping the website showing stock wasn't a fluke, fingers crossed.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcatfish View Post
    Well, I think I've found a 20GVIGC-71H. Order has been placed, hoping the website showing stock wasn't a fluke, fingers crossed.
    Good luck sir! My fingers are crossed on your behalf as well sir!

I'm currently debating between the Tulala Monstruo Concept Destruction 74MHC or the Studio Composite Individual Development Paradox 7603 as my next small to medium sized glide bait and soft swimbait casting rod (3/4oz-2oz lures). Both companies are niche low volume high quality rod builders with impeccable build quality and technical innovation so it's a difficult decision to make for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12