What's green look like now?

What's it look like around the state park area up towards corbins bend? Thanks

I have zero idea but if you want me to I can swing buy Holmes Bend tomorrow and take a look. I know that is about 2 mile upstream of Corbin's Bend but it would give me a good idea of what that area probably looks like....now pure speculation on my part based on past history I would say that area has some color. Reason being in the winter the run off is more dirty due to no undergrowth or foliage. The lake rose a little over 4 ft and per the COE website they are releasing a decent amount of water. That should put strong color water from the river on the move to the area your questioning but I don't know exactly how far down it has moved. Just let me know if you want me to take a look as I'm not very far away.

3. Member
    Gene thanks anyway but were going crappie fishing in the morning if it's not raining. We'll probably launch at green river marina but i'll probably run up there sometime tomorrow. Thanks buddy.

If you can believe the weather forecast its a 50% chance for .1 - .2 " As a pure guess I would say that part of the lower end has fishable color but that's purely a guess. Good luck, Green doesn't have very many slab crappie but its know for numbers when you locate them.

5. Member
    I've been going there because of the amount of cover & crappie too. It's definitely a good place to get tuned in to livescope.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I've been going there because of the amount of cover & crappie too. It's definitely a good place to get tuned in to livescope.
    Well??

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Well??
    Pretty heavily stained but not unfishable. Water was 43. Ram around quite a bit & ended up around butler. Did manage to catch a few decent ones. I swear the deeper crappie are the better i do. If they're mid 20s & deeper i catch them pretty decent for a beginner but any shallower & i just don't do much good. Of course, i'm sure that will improve when the water gets warm again.
    Last edited by Les Young; 01-09-2023 at 06:30 AM.

Thank you