Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area

So my wife's family plans a family vacation every other and your state is next. July22-29. around 35 of us staying in a big house outside PF, we are coming from Dallas and plan on driving so we can bring fishing stuff and golf. I have been doing some research on fishing the West Prong Little Pigeon River for smallmouth. I did a search on the Tennessee forum and found some good info but any other help would be great. Thanks

Even up for some catfish on Douglas if there is a place for some bank fishing?
    Last edited by Bassdeer; 01-07-2023 at 12:35 PM.

The Pigeon River runs through that area and can be accessible from many areas along the Parkway. Normally some good smallmouth in it. There is a big shopping center called Tanger Outlets, you can access it there, behind Nascar speed park, TGIF restaurant and many more. As far as golfing Sevierville Golf and Country club is 36 holes that you will pass by on the way in. There are several more courses 30-45 minutes away also.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

Quote Originally Posted by Melton Jason View Post
    The Pigeon River runs through that area and can be accessible from many areas along the Parkway. Normally some good smallmouth in it. There is a big shopping center called Tanger Outlets, you can access it there, behind Nascar speed park, TGIF restaurant and many more. As far as golfing Sevierville Golf and Country club is 36 holes that you will pass by on the way in. There are several more courses 30-45 minutes away also.
    Thanks, I'm guessing early morning and late evening into the night being that it's going to be middle of summer?
    Last edited by Bassdeer; 01-08-2023 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassdeer View Post
    Thanks, I'm guessing early morning and late evening into the night being that it's going to be middle of summer?
    Typically best, but Ive caught them in the middle of the day out of the river

Typically best, but Ive caught them in the middle of the day out of the river
    Thanks, Just one more question. I'm looking at license, am I good with the Fishing -No Trout license? I think there are trout in that creek but I won't be fishing for them.

Yes, even if you were to accidentally catch one, as long as you don't keep it, you will be fine.

Yes, even if you were to accidentally catch one, as long as you don't keep it, you will be fine.
    Thanks brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassdeer View Post
    Thanks brother.
    No problem, enjoy your stay in East TN.

9. Member
    Buy you some chub minnows at a couple bait shops in Dandridge TN. Fish them on a light split shot in the river letting the bait drift. Hope I didn't give the secret away. Easy to catch 20-30 a day for 4-6 hours of fishing just wadding.

Quote Originally Posted by gaf11 View Post
    Buy you some chub minnows at a couple bait shops in Dandridge TN. Fish them on a light split shot in the river letting the bait drift. Hope I didn't give the secret away. Easy to catch 20-30 a day for 4-6 hours of fishing just wadding.
    Thanks, Is that the closest bait shop near Pigeon Forge?
    Last edited by Bassdeer; 01-19-2023 at 06:51 PM.