CX 20 vs CX 21 Cockpit Size

Hi All! Seriously considering pulling the trigger on a Caymas in the near future. Looked at a handful of brands in person recently and narrowed down to Caymas as the favorite for my personal needs with Phoenix being a close second.

The dealer I looked at, only had a few CX 21’s on the lot that I dug through. Curious if anyone knows if the CX 20 has the same size cockpit/seating area as the 21? This was a huge draw for me, as it doubles as a family boat for swim days, etc and we have a large German Shepard. The Caymas shined on this front!

I don’t really have any other need for the 21 (fishing wise for where I fish most, the smaller is probably more ideal in fact). However, if the cockpit/leg room is smaller on the 20 then the 21 is the best fit.

Aside from that, I’ve read through most every thread in this section so I feel I’m well versed. But, anyone have any complaints about their Caymas (no boat is perfect I realize) or has anyone gone with the 20 and wished they had the 21?

Thanks a ton!
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Garmin Force TM
    2 - 10' Minn Kota Talons'
    Console: ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv
    Bow: 2 - ECHOMAP Plus 93sv's (w/ LiveScope)

2. Member
    I could be wrong but the difference between the 20-21 is the day box in from of console, that where the measurement difference is. I’m on my fourth 21ft boat and I’ve had no complaints, they seem to be get better and better.

3. Member
    I believe the cockpits are the same size, I know the legroom at the drivers console is the same on the 20 and 21. Not being able to get my legs under the console is the reason I didnt purchase a Caymas.

4. Member
    They are the same

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubrail View Post
    I believe the cockpits are the same size, I know the legroom at the drivers console is the same on the 20 and 21. Not being able to get my legs under the console is the reason I didnt purchase a Caymas.
    This seems to be a design error associated with a few bass boat brands out there, to bad Caymas falls short (pun intended) as well. Vexus and Ranger have it figured out, the sliding seats are the deal.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    This seems to be a design error associated with a few bass boat brands out there, to bad Caymas falls short (pun intended) as well. Vexus and Ranger have it figured out, the sliding seats are the deal.
    Caymas has sliding seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Caymas has sliding seats.
    Agree, I am 5'10 I know this is not tall but I also have my seat slid forward a bit also.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

8. Member
    The sliding seats are nice, although the mechanism is a little wonky (same as I've seen on other brands). my dad is 6'6" and I'm 6'2" and we each selected the caymas over some other brands because of the leg room. The only thing I would say is the cockpit control modules come pretty close to the hot foot so folks with big feet need to angle their foot a little to not contact that module above the pedal. This has become a total non-issue with the boat for me, don't even think about it anymore, but could bother some people.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

9. Member
    If there is not enough room in the Caymas CX 21 cockpit then you are a really big man, I don't know if they have a big and tall model.

10. Member
    It is a major design flaw with a lot of brands and models though. Some Bass Cats are horrible, other Bass Cats have all kinds of leg room like the Lynx. Phoenix isn’t the best, Skeeter FXRs are Ok. Vexus and Ranger have lots of leg room, really plush. The shorter Nitros are a disaster for leg room. Here is the test, if you can stand straight up in between the steering wheel and seat, then you know the boat is designed correctly and there will be plenty of leg room for even the tallest of anglers.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    If there is not enough room in the Caymas CX 21 cockpit then you are a really big man, I don't know if they have a big and tall model.

Caymas doesnt but Vexus does!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubrail View Post
    Caymas doesnt but Vexus does!
    OMG are you 8 foot tall?

13. Member
    If you are limiting yourself to a 250 HP motor I would go with the CX20 regardless, it performs the best with a 250. Also I would go with the Yamaha SHO over the Mercury.