Members that tie your own jigs

I started tying some flipping jigs and curious if say black as main color and blue as secondary do you prefer secondary color on top or bottom.

2. Member
    When I would make mine, I try to mix the two colors together. Say if im using 3 tabs, the middle would be the accent; with 2 tabs I will break the tabs up into 4 segments and layer them evenly. If I want a laminate jig skirt, I put the accent on the bottom.

The best part of jig skirt making: there’s no wrong way to do it. Experiment and find what works for you.

One bit of advice: learn to tie the skirts on the jigs or use wire/o-rings. Those rubber collars will rot within a year or so.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 01-06-2023 at 12:57 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    I mix up my skirt material and colors a lot of different ways. In general though I'll usually put the lighter color on the bottom (if not mixed together). So for black and blue not mixed I'd put blue on the bottom.

I prefer tying mine with thread as well.

I darn sure ain't no expert but I like darker colors on top. To me thats how mother nature does it.

5. Member
    Dark on top lighter on bottom.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatlildave View Post
    I darn sure ain't no expert but I like darker colors on top. To me thats how mother nature does it.
    This is what I go with myself.

Allen

Mixing them together works. Or if I’m trying to mimic something then I separate the colors and match what the bait is.