New Phoenix owner needs help

Guys need help with my new to me 2018 Phoenix 920 PHX with Mercury 250 pro xp (2 stroke) has no water pressure indication on gauge, pee stream strong no warnings or bells just no indication on gauge. Is there a sensor on motor or in boat that I can check? Thanks (have this posted in the Mercury engine forum also)

2. Member
    There's a pressure sensor inside the dash. Their known to go bad. When I picked up my new to me '17 last year it didn't work. Replaced it and it only lasted about a year. It's actually an oil pressure sensor and they rust out.

3. Member
    does it have a merc monitor?

4. Member
    I believe most boats have electric water pressure gauges. If your has an electric, there is a transducer in the console behind the dash. A water psi hose runs to it and it sends signal to water psi gauge in the larger gauge. Mine read low psi and got worse. I just teed into the psi line and installed a manual gauge.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Hose might be disconnected at the lower unit. Sometimes if the lower unit is removed the mechanic might forget to hook it back up.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

6. Scraps
    Betting your gauge, behind the dash, froze and broke or you've got a blockage in the tube from the engine. I've had both. If you get in there, remove the tube from the gauge, then go back to the engine and unhook the water tube "tee" on the port side of the engine and blow through from the console end. If same as mine that tube at the engine is grey in color.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    Mine was the same, it will barely show 5psi trimmed all the way down doing 50mph. Ended up getting a smartcraft gauge. You can have it set on a display that shows rpm, water pressure, and engine temp. The best investment you can make for a motor, I can’t believe they don’t all come standard. I took the factory tach out and put the smartcraft gauge in its place. Highly recommend and it’s very easy to install.

8. Member
    Thanks for all the help guys turned out to be sender behind dash ordered new one all is good, again thanks for all the inputs and I do like the ideal of the smartcraft gauge definitely going to look into that

9. Member
    I have replaced 3 of them I have a 2017 721 with a sho that’s the only thing I have go bad on my Phoenix love my boat