Thread: Smoked Bologna

Smoked Bologna

Has anyone smoked one? I never had any smoked, but it appeals to me. Went online and there is a ton of info which makes it hard to pick and choose which one I should follow.
    Would you even recommend cookin one up? Have you made one? Any info would be helpful.
    Bar-S brand is what is available here in a 5 pound chub.
    Smoker is a RecTeq 590 and pellets are competition blend.
    Any real life experience.

Thanks Tom.

I’ve done it several times using the 5# chubs. Just made the cuts like they show. Can’t remember the type of chips in the MES40. No rub for me but follow any of the recipes. They all look good. I may try one next time. 225 for a couple hours did the job. Good eats!

3. Member
    I did a 3lb chub(bar-S) for Christmas,scored it lengthwise and crossways,slathered French's mustard on it,then sprinkled Okla. Joes BBQ rub then refridgerated overnight. Let it sit out for an hour that morning,then put it in the MES with hickory chips for 3 hrs @ 225.It was fantastic.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby Moser View Post
    I did a 3lb chub(bar-S) for Christmas,scored it lengthwise and crossways,slathered French's mustard on it,then sprinkled Okla. Joes BBQ rub then refridgerated overnight. Let it sit out for an hour that morning,then put it in the MES with hickory chips for 3 hrs @ 225.It was fantastic.
    Same method for me.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

5. Member
    Thanks for the recommendation's if it goes as planned should smoke one up next friday.

Tom

6. Member
    Arkansas Prime Rib!

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

7. Member
    Cut a piece of 1 inch PVC pipe ( or larger) into about a 3 foot section. At one end make it into a point---------------Run it through the center of the chub as to core it....Fill it with cheese---ETC...Use the core piece in the pipe to make stoppers for both ends...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANDPAOF7 View Post
    Cut a piece of 1 inch PVC pipe ( or larger) into about a 3 foot section. At one end make it into a point---------------Run it through the center of the chub as to core it....Fill it with cheese---ETC...Use the core piece in the pipe to make stoppers for both ends...

That sounds good too.

9. Member
    Isn't it hard to light?
    Please release me,let me go.