Thread: Tsala Apopka

Banned

Tsala Apopka

Drove by this lake this weekend, not a soul at the ramp I went by. I fished this lake in a club tx probably 30 yrs ago and it was really tough fishing and I never went back. The part I saw from the road looked to be a nice lake to try again. The ramp I went by was the Henderson ramp I believe.
    Anyone fish this chain?

2. Member
    There is a weekly tournament.. I know citrus county made it expensive especially for non-county residents to launch a boat. Maybe that's why you didn't see many boats.
    Brad Krone

3. Banned
    They only charge to launch at 4 ramps in the county, all of which are saltwater ramps
    Last edited by acesover; 01-04-2023 at 08:44 AM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Drove by this lake this weekend, not a soul at the ramp I went by. I fished this lake in a club tx probably 30 yrs ago and it was really tough fishing and I never went back. The part I saw from the road looked to be a nice lake to try again. The ramp I went by was the Henderson ramp I believe.
    Anyone fish this chain?

This past Fall I ran from Panasoffkee up the Withlacoochie to a point where it seemed the entire system was reducing down into the river. Water was up in the River, had a steady 3'-4' of minimum depth. This was a few miles east of the lake proper through the drainage.

Current at that point was really strong, fully expected every fish in the lake to be there schooling but nothing. Only other boats I saw up there had above water propellers.

Water quality was good, tannic but not turbidity.

Panasoffkee meanwhile was loaded with boats of every sort with multi tourneys underway. And a few finicky fish.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM64 View Post
    This past Fall I ran from Panasoffkee up the Withlacoochie to a point where it seemed the entire system was reducing down into the river. Water was up in the River, had a steady 3'-4' of minimum depth. This was a few miles east of the lake proper through the drainage.

Current at that point was really strong, fully expected every fish in the lake to be there schooling but nothing. Only other boats I saw up there had above water propellers.

Water quality was good, tannic but not turbidity.

Panasoffkee meanwhile was loaded with boats of every sort with multi tourneys underway. And a few finicky fish.
    I lived close to the Withlacoochie River in Ridge Manor for 5 years and fished it a bunch. I could NEVER find a consistent pattern or even consistent areas....It was rare to see anybody fishing unless it was from shore. Fished Silver Lake probably 40-50 times and my best day was 7 little fish all under 2lbs. May be one of the most beautiful little lakes in Florida but never could unlock anything bass wise.... but I did catch my PB Mudfish there - 41" long!!
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

6. Member
    They only charge to launch at 4 ramps in the county, all of which are saltwater ramps
    My bad... I thought Lake Hernando boat ramp had a $10 launch fee.
    Brad Krone

7. Banned
    No problem. It looks like very few people fish the chain. I won't waste my time fishing it next time I am over that way.

No problem. It looks like very few people fish the chain. I won't waste my time fishing it next time I am over that way.
    Riverland Bait and Tackle is where FWC says to call for info on the Chain.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    My bad... I thought Lake Hernando boat ramp had a $10 launch fee.
    to the best of my knowledge it still is a pay launch.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZ View Post
    to the best of my knowledge it still is a pay launch.
    How do they collect the fees? I didn't see anyone there, do they require a sticker?

there used to be a person in a car. First thing in the a m they'd block the launch till someone arrived then move.

12. Banned
    When I went by the Henando ramp, there wasn't a soul there, that's why I was wondering.

How do they collect the fees? I didn't see anyone there, do they require a sticker?
    you send in for a sticker. A friend of mine applied and while waiting got bagged for 2 " illegal launches ! Camera's ? Anyways the fine was $88 for each offense.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZ View Post
    you send in for a sticker. A friend of mine applied and while waiting got bagged for 2 " illegal launches ! Camera's ? Anyways the fine was $88 for each offense.
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering how they enforced it.

15. Member
    To me those lakes aren't worth paying to launch
    ...lol.. I always suck out there
    Brad Krone