Thread: Favorite A-rigs

Favorite A-rigs

What are your favorite/best A-rigs and why?
    Thanks

2. Member
    Hogfarmer flex rig but it’s expensive. For a budget rig I like the yumbrella flash mob jr.

3. Member
    Shane's

4. Member
    just picked up a sixth sense that i thought looked really nice, ive always been a yum flashmob guy

5. Member
    Cant go wrong with the flash mob jr.Or find an 8 wire one.

Shane’s mini blades of glory. Replaceable arms. Light weight. Perfect for 3.2 keitechs and smallmouth.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

7. Member
    Do you have any issue with the arms easily breaking on the Shanes? I can get a few fish or sometimes no fish before the arms break. Maybe I am bending them out wrong. I am bending them where they bend them to put the wire in the cap.

Are you bending them around the tip of a needle nose pliers or just bending them out to the side (which creates a tight angle/sharp bend and a weak point).
    Last edited by Hollada; 01-05-2023 at 10:05 PM.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amistad Tackle View Post
    Do you have any issue with the arms easily breaking on the Shanes? I can get a few fish or sometimes no fish before the arms break. Maybe I am bending them out wrong. I am bending them where they bend them to put the wire in the cap.

I have a hard time with the Shanes Baits as well. I bend down away from the head and the wires just don't last. It seems like every one of them is different, some last decent and others break right away. Yumbrellas have went down hill this year but still give you the best bang for your buck.

10. Member
    I am bending them out by hand. This is the same bend that they use when bending the wire. I just bend it out to where I want it and fish it. Should I be using a fresh bend further down the wire from the cap with needle nose pliers? This is with the mini blades of glory and the fifth element that I have had issues. I believe those two have lighter wire. I have a whole bunch of broken arms.

I just got a Blades of Glory lower 9 arm but haven't fished it yet.

Shane Lehew in his YouTube video claims he can catch hundreds of fish without breaking a wire. I get better service out of a Flash Mob Junior.

Last edited by Amistad Tackle; 01-06-2023 at 01:08 PM.

Use the curved backside of the tip of a needle nose pliers to create a more gentle curve instead of a sharp bend.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

12. Member
    Thanks. I will give it a try. What I am doing isn't working.

13. Member
    I too had a lot of trouble with wires breaking on the Shane's, I really wanted to like them, but just couldn't. I've tried a lot of different rigs, KC School'em have treated me well, but my favorite by far has been from Diamondbaits. True-Bass teamed up with them and designed this rig, and it has been the best by far in my opinion. I've recently started building my own rigs, and based what I build off of that rig, with a couple changes.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke