Moss King wooden spoon lure>

Over 50 years ago a favorite lure for Lilly pad covered Duck Creek Lake near Puxico, Mo in the Mingo Wildlife Refuge was a wooden spoon called Moss King. It was about the size of a pear and had a single upright hook on the back. The ones I saw was red and white (traditional) spoon color.

At the time Duck Creek was producing bass of up to 10 lbs and the Moss King caught big fish. I was too young and had no boat. Later I fished there for crappie but never for bass.

Does anyone have more info on the lure and by chance where might I find one. Out of nostalgia I would love to have one to try on other grass and moss covered lake areas.

Anyone?

2. Member
    Are you sure it isn’t a Heddon Moss Boss. Back in the day we wacked em on these!B32F596C-AFD6-4618-9A7E-EE9A6BF0A96B.jpeg

3. Member
    No it was wooden and at least three times the size. Shaped much like a pear, broad at the back but more narrow at the eye.
    QUOTE=Warcat;12814603]Are you sure it isn’t a Heddon Moss Boss. Back in the day we wacked em on these!B32F596C-AFD6-4618-9A7E-EE9A6BF0A96B.jpeg[/QUOTE]