Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    If you put the ISO fluid in vs the green bean fluid your good for 5+ years

2. Member
    I changed the fluid last year when one of my poles was making the weird noises while deploying. Took out both pumps and tanks and cleaned screens and tanks with good ol' dawn dish soap. Used some ISO 32 fluid from Amazon and they work flawlessly now and sound great. Yes..........you do have to be a rubbery type to get them out of my splashwell but they are the cat's meow for me.

3. Banned
    After removing pumps, emptying reservoirs and purging lines, I reassembled, reinstalled and filled reservoirs. Power poles are working as intended. Afterwards when backing boat in garage something happened that has never happened before. The starboard power pole anchor would not clear the top of garage door opening. It was necessary to lower anchors to gain entry. I have been backing this boat in garage with power poles installed for years and both have always cleared by several inches. Same size tires. A side view of power poles clearly reveals the starboard anchor is now positioned a little higher than the port anchor. Anyone ever experience this?

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Arley View Post
    After removing pumps, emptying reservoirs and purging lines, I reassembled, reinstalled and filled reservoirs. Power poles are working as intended. Afterwards when backing boat in garage something happened that has never happened before. The starboard power pole anchor would not clear the top of garage door opening. It was necessary to lower anchors to gain entry. I have been backing this boat in garage with power poles installed for years and both have always cleared by several inches. Same size tires. A side view of power poles clearly reveals the starboard anchor is now positioned a little higher than the port anchor. Anyone ever experience this?
    For sure cant be from just changing pump fluid that I will tell you.

5. Banned
    you would think. I pulled the boat out of garage initially to remove hpu and reservoirs, purge lines and replace a battery. Shoved boat back in garage no problem, anchors/poles cleared as usual. Next day, pulled boat out of garage to reinstall everything and add fluid. Ran pumps and power poles functioned as intended. Shoving back in garage noticed starboard anchor too high to clear. This is too bizarre.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    you would think. I pulled the boat out of garage initially to remove hpu and reservoirs, purge lines and replace a battery. Shoved boat back in garage no problem, anchors/poles cleared as usual. Next day, pulled boat out of garage to reinstall everything and add fluid. Ran pumps and power poles functioned as intended. Shoving back in garage noticed starboard anchor too high to clear. This is too bizarre.
    thats some bermuda triangle chit right there lol

Just a wild a$$ guess, but did you do the purge procedure ie where you run them up and down several times, on a hard surface like your driveway? Poles can practically lift the a$$ end of the boat off the trailer almost - I wonder if the rear end shifted a bit on the bunks while purging, ie changing the angle it sits on the trailer enough to have one pole slightly higher maybe.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Just a wild a$$ guess, but did you do the purge procedure ie where you run them up and down several times, on a hard surface like your driveway? Poles can practically lift the a$$ end of the boat off the trailer almost - I wonder if the rear end shifted a bit on the bunks while purging, ie changing the angle it sits on the trailer enough to have one pole slightly higher maybe.
    Thought of that myself but doubt he had transom straps unstrapped

9. mikesxpress
    Check the tightness of your PP mounting brackets/hardware. During your purge/push of the poles on hard deck it could have pushed up if they are not tight.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Don't put the green bean fluid back in there.
    WHY?

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by spookem View Post
    WHY?
    no reason not to, just maintenance your fluid annually and be environmentally concious.

12. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by spookem View Post
    WHY?
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1213914

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12