Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    They have options of using your ashes to make fish structure.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    Soylent Green!
    They're not ready for that conversation

Quote Originally Posted by breeves2245 View Post
    I would prefer this over being shot up with formaldehyde and have make-up put on me and then put in a coffin and buried. I don't care much for needles and tend to get claustrophobic. The whole funeral thing baffles me. Just let everyone know I croaked and carry on. No new to put on a suit and attend a funeral.
    Need to go to an Italian mob funeral.....the women are screaming, climbing in the casket....kissing the deceased.. ..was the strangest thing I have witnessed.

4. Member
    Reminds me of this one…..

The day after his wife disappeared in a kayaking accident in the Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia, a man answered his door to find two grim-faced Mounties. "We know it's late, sir, but we have some information about your wife," said one of the Mounties.

"Tell me! Did you find her!?" the husband shouted.
    The Mounties looked at each other. One said, "We have some bad news, some good news, and some really great news. Which do you want to hear first?" Fearing the worst, the ashen husband said "Give me the bad news first."
    The second Mountie said, "I'm sorry to tell you, sir, but this morning we found your wife's body in the bay."
    "Oh my God!" exclaimed the husband.
    Swallowing hard, he asked, "What's the good news?"
    The Mountie continued, "When we pulled her up, she had 6 twenty-five pound snow crabs and 12 good-size lobsters clinging to her."
    Stunned, the husband demanded, "If that's the good news, what's the great news???"
    The Mountie answered, "We're gonna pull her up again tomorrow".

5. Member
    ^^^^ That is hilarious....

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Did not know this was a thing but apparently it’s legal in 6 states now. I guess I’m more traditional and prefer to bury my loved ones in a Cemetery. Butif you want to bury Grandpa in the garden, you might have some great Tomatoes in a few years…or not.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...composting-law
    Part of my family is from the midwest...and the older ones were all buried.. I don't think I've been to funeral for someone within our family in the last 15 years that they weren't cremated. We're all western us based. The norms are changing for sure, but I sure as shit don't want to be worm food lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    They have options of using your ashes to make fish structure.
    Close family friend who was like an "uncle" essentially to us passed recently. His ashes were put into a glass floating ball...with some holes drilled into it to sink. I told my wife that is something I want to consider doing.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Here is a link for Recomposing from the company in Seattle that specializes in it.

https://recompose.life/

Told my wife, when I go, do whatever she wants. I will be dead and not residing in that body anymore. Only thing I have ever told family is, if I die along a highway, DO NOT, put a cross there where it happened.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    No bleeping way I am fertilizing my garden with human compost. No.....freaking...way!
    Me either.

11. Member
    My wife and kids know i want to be cremated and can spread my ashes down at the river, my boy will know where. I will not be in that body anymore so doesnt matter. They also know absolutely NO FUNERAL !!! Told her have a family cookout and try to enjoy time together !!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

12. Member
    When the day comes...............don't care what they do with my old carcass!

Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Told my wife, when I go, do whatever she wants. I will be dead and not residing in that body anymore. Only thing I have ever told family is, if I die along a highway, DO NOT, put a cross there where it happened.
    Because you’re Jewish?

14. Member
    Havent been to a funeral or viewing for many years. Just not really a thing anymore.

15. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    My only sister in CA told me a few years ago that her family (husband and two grown kids) are signed up with a company that no matter how or where one of them passes they will dispatch the body and use it (donate it) to science research. They each carry a card so that whomever can call the number and its all taken care of. No funeral and no expense. Sounds wrong in itself and maybe even against christian belief, but after having to handle the affairs of my moms and dads and other relatives passing in the past few years I think its the thing to do. Creating a financial or logistical hardship on family is not something I want to do. I checked with the company and unfortunately their service is limited to only a few states. The wife and I are set on cremation with no funeral. I told her she could even skip the expense of cremation and take me to the train station if she wants

We are slowly becoming a nation of the Mentally Ill.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Saw they can plant a tree on your body .
    https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/03/world...d%20above%20it.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Because you’re Jewish?
    No, that is not it.

19. Member
    You can judge a society by how they care for their dead.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by machineconcepts View Post
    They're not ready for that conversation
    We already eat cadavers but we call it beef, pork, chicken, etc. The composting intrigues me, my other option is to have my family scatter my ashes off the dock of our Ontario cabin and let the sunnies get their revenge.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast