Power pole mounting question

Has anyone mounted PP on xb-21 bassport not using allison brackets? I’ve got a 12 in Hydrodynamic plate that looks pre drilled to take brackets. Not sure if there is room back there? I’m sure someone here must know. Perhaps Tim when he returns also?

thanks guys-

Happy New Year!!!
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

I used the power pole brackets. The side holes are too far in and don't allow for mounting the brackets far enough back. As a result the brackets hit the wings. I had to sandwich mine in between the motor and the plate. I had the same plate.

Happy New Year!!!!
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Thanks for the response! I was afraid of that. Do the allison brackets need to be installed by Allison? Doesn’t seem a do it yourself project?

Happy New Year fellas!!

4. Member
    I had them on 2011 XB21 it took them a couple times to get me the right brackets. I think they were custom made I had to send them measurements they ask for. This put the poles back right on the tip of the wings. They were very close but nothing ever touched the boat. When you were running they move around so much it was like a big bird trying to take flight. I had a bobs plate on that boat but I think it would be similar.

5. Member
    Great question. I have been trying to figure it out to mount poles on mine. I may end up building a custom set of brackets, I just don’t really like the idea of mounting them on the transom if there is any other viable option. I have the factory CMC hydro plate though.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

Maybe when Tim comes back he can share some options. I have had my boat for 8 years. Fish deep clear lakes. Moving to a lake with shallower dirty water. Poles will likely make sense, but was hoping it wasn’t going to be a major project.

I guess I might be wrong?

We will see?

I used the Bullet Bracket from Hydrilla Gear on my XB-2003 with my Hydrodynamics plate. Not into drilling any extra holes in my transom. I dont care what Allison does.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    Maybe when Tim comes back he can share some options. I have had my boat for 8 years. Fish deep clear lakes. Moving to a lake with shallower dirty water. Poles will likely make sense, but was hoping it wasn’t going to be a major project.

I guess I might be wrong?

We will see?

If I had the boat, I could probably come up with a solution by doing some trial and error with several different brackets. The issue on the XB21 is clearance between the engine, sponson, and the pole. Also if you get too far out and wide like the MK Talon brackets your holeshot will suffer. I have installed the talons on a few boats and tested on vs off and there is quite a bit of holeshot loss due to the talon bracket drag.

The easiest solution is to install the Allison brackets. The install isn't terrible but it isn't great either, you have to pull the oil tank/batt box tray, drain the tank, unbolt it, and slide it forward to gain access to the transom. From there you have to remove the transom tie downs, mock it all up, drill 4 holes on each side, and assemble all of the pieces.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Thanks Tim- talked me out of Allison Brackets. Got tired just reading the process!

Happy New Year!

10. Member
    Very happy with my Allison brackets on my XB21. It tucks them in close to the boat and just looks better. But I had them installed when they built my boat.

Anyone who wants the power poles tucked in extremely tight without drilling holes in the transom for the Allison brackets should look at the Bullet Brackets at Hydrilla gear. I run them on my 2003. They bolt to the side of the jack plate. The back end of a Bullet is the same as an Allison. The transom is recessed into the back of the boat.

https://hydrillagear.com/products/cu...r-bullet-boats

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Anyone who wants the power poles tucked in extremely tight without drilling holes in the transom for the Allison brackets should look at the Bullet Brackets at Hydrilla gear. I run them on my 2003. They bolt to the side of the jack plate. The back end of a Bullet is the same as an Allison. The transom is recessed into the back of the boat.

https://hydrillagear.com/products/cu...r-bullet-boats
    They are great brackets but they do not work on the XB-21, there is not enough clearance between the sponsons and the engine nor will they bolt up to the Allison (CMC Style) jackplate. Trust me, I would have been doing Hydrilla brackets years ago if they would work.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    Thanks Tim- talked me out of Allison Brackets. Got tired just reading the process!

Happy New Year!
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    They are great brackets but they do not work on the XB-21, there is not enough clearance between the sponsons and the engine nor will they bolt up to the Allison (CMC Style) jackplate. Trust me, I would have been doing Hydrilla brackets years ago if they would work.
    Sounds like its time to start making one that will work. You the man Tim make that junk happen!!............lol

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Sounds like its time to start making one that will work. You the man Tim make that junk happen!!............lol
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X