Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Invizx vs FC Sniper?

I couldn’t find any forum to ask this question on but I’m just curious to see what everyone’s experience is with the two lines and if anyone has been receiving bad spools recently?

2. Member
    Used to be diehard Sniper guy. Now not so much, I lean Seaguar mostly.

3. Member
    I have used about every fluorocarbon on the market and always fall back to invizX. It is hard to beat as far as the bang for buck, especially if you buy in bulk when on sale. Used sniper for a while but got a bad spool and Sunline refused to do anything about it. Have never had trouble with Seaguar.
    2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited

I've been a long time user of Sunline Super FC Sniper as an "everyday" line. I use Shooter on dedicated heavier cover pitching set ups sometimes. I always preferred it to Invizx, which is also a good line. I have been using Daiwa J-Fluoro Samurai since it was introduced a couple years back with very good results. It's definitely worth a look if you're wanting to explore FC options.

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I've never had an issue with either but I've settled on FC Sniper.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

6. Member
    I like both but I can usually find better deals on sniper so that’s what I use.

7. Member
    I used to use InvisX back when it was around $20 a spool. I didn’t care for it much at all and now use the spool for ice fishing leaders. I personally don’t think it’s with the price but I’ve also never cared for seaguar florocarbon (red label, InvisX, Tatsu).. So between those two, I’d be going with Sunline.

I’ve tried a bunch of floro, and I keep going back to berkley 100%. The diameter is a bit larger than Sunline, but if it’s going to matter that much, I just drop down one size. Haven’t experienced a time when Berkley 100% was outfished by another brand floro..
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I've used InvisX for years now. Zero issues, I'm using 8lb - 25lb.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

9. Member
    Daiwa Samurai is absolutely worth the consideration. Personally, I would also look at Yozuri T7.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    Daiwa Samurai is absolutely worth the consideration. Personally, I would also look at Yozuri T7.
    WOW… that Samurai stuff looks like it has 90% positive reviews… Thanks! I will definitely be considering that stuff!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flipper View Post
    WOW… that Samurai stuff looks like it has 90% positive reviews… Thanks! I will definitely be considering that stuff!
    Pricey, but this fluoro is becoming a top tier line in the market. Also, Tatsu should in the conversation.

12. Member
    Been using invisx for a long time and different applications, never had any issues.

13. Member
    I have used Seaguar Invizx for years for smallies in the 8, 10, 12 and 15 lb test depending on application. It is amazing line and I still use it. But for dropshotting and spybait fishing I use 7lb FC Sniper and it never fails me and never breaks.

14. Member
    Daiwa Samurai is the best fluoro I’ve ever used.

Daiwa or Sunline

16. Member
    ive tried invisx and sniper. imo sniper is a lot better

Invizx

I used to use Invizx but had a rash of it breaking on hook sets. I tried different knots and it still continued. I switched over to FC Sniper and not had an issue since.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

19. Member
    I used invsx for a handful of years (good stuff) butni got s couple spools thsmat seemed twisted bad...tried FC sniper and havnt gone back to seaguar for over 8 years...i also use shooter for a few rigs

I however still use seaguar smackdown brain on a few rods
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

I've tried this and that and keep coming back to Invizx. I use Assassin some but it needs changed out pretty often. For my bottom contact stuff I use Tatsu. Sounds like I need to at least try the Daiwa Samurai. A line I'd steer clear from is YoZuri TopKnot. I had terrible luck with it breaking on hooksets. The line would be frayed like it exploded at the break. Can't say I've ever had that type of an issue with any other fluoro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast