Warm shaving lather.

When I'm getting ready to take my morning shower I fill the the sink with hot water and put the can of shaving cream in it. When it's time to shave the lather is nice and warm. Feels nice.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

2. retired military technici mt72916's Avatar
    I've gone back to old school in that respect. I use a shaving mug and brush. I just wet the brush with hot water.

I have always used an old Gillete adjustable double edge razor too.

Ranger 2002 175 DVS F115 Yamaha
    Ulterra SI, Helix 9 MSI G3 on bow and console
    2007 2500 6.7 Diesel Ram 2015 Crusader 294RLT
    fish DeGray lake in April & October

Well, I shave in the shower using the same soap I wash with. Saves time and no mess !! Been doin that for about 60yrs now !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    I did that back in the 70's. Since then I've been using a mug & brush. Love a hot lather shave.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Back in the day, before safety issues/concerns, there was a plug-in shaving cream heater that heated the foam from regular cans of shaving cream. Never mind that the 110V appliance could be knocked into the sink and electrocute you

It was nice having warm shaving cream though.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Scraps
    I've bin wanting a way to warm up shaving cream. I used to use the brush and mug to mix up shaving cream, but that takes too much time and I've gone back to just using cream from a bottle with a safety razor. I'll use a hot towel to soften up the whiskers, but there's nothing like the warm shaving cream.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Well, I shave in the shower using the same soap I wash with. Saves time and no mess !! Been doin that for about 60yrs now !!
    I actually keep my shaving cream in the shower. At least 30 years now. Eliminated all my neck burn. Takes some getting used to shaving without a mirror, but it’s easy to touch up

8. Member
    I have a stick on mirror on my shower wall. When it gets a film on it just use a little shampoo to clean it.

9. Member
    yeah wmitch2 its neat clean and time saving idea

10. Member
    I shave right after a shower Gillette 4 blade and I don't use soap of any kind.

11. Member
    Thanks, thot I was only person that still shaved ( old school)

12. Member
    I use a mug and brush. Fill the sink with hot water and soak the brush in the water and use a hot small towel to soften the my whiskers.I also rinse the razor with hot water to remove the soap build up and dry the razor with a dry towel. The blades last a lot longer without the soap build up.
    When I was in Vietnam with the Marines, we would often dry shave or use water from a canteen. Talk about a rough shave! Usually that was when our captain would announce that he was coming to check on things and give us some kind of pep talk, I'm glad that didn't happen very often.He was one of those guys that would go on and on about how important our mission was and would just look clueless afterwards �� then hop in the chopper and leave. Then we would have high tail it out of the area, because the chopper would give our position away. We were glad that he was sent back state side to shuffle more paperwork!!