Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    I wish FL would make non resident licenses $1000 a day.
    That would be great...

2. Member
    I wish hunting licenses in Canada for non residents were $1000.00 a day also.

3. Member
    I wish the airports in Canada were worth a damn.

4. Member
    I grew up in Florida I now reside in sc and I wish Florida boys would stay away during deer season but it's to late now they bought all the leases on public hunting land and we have nothing but national forest to hunt and even there you pull up to your spot and theres a Florida tag.point being I get the frustration but there it is a 2 way street.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    I grew up in Florida I now reside in sc and I wish Florida boys would stay away during deer season but it's to late now they bought all the leases on public hunting land and we have nothing but national forest to hunt and even there you pull up to your spot and theres a Florida tag.point being I get the frustration but there it is a 2 way street.
    I don't hunt so I won't be one of those people, and there is no hunting in Florida to speak of due to the influx of snowbirds needing housing. I have never gone up north to fish either, no need to do that, but maybe I will so I can block ramps, ask annoying questions about if my Florida baits work here, where are the biting, etc....

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    I wish hunting licenses in Canada for non residents were $1000.00 a day also.
    You mean they aren't?

7. Member
    You speak for all of Florida residents or are you just typically unwelcoming and miserable?

Certainly you realize how many public bodies of water Florida has? I mean you're so lucky to live in a state where you can fish year around and just have some many great great fisheries. Your state (in my opinion) is the envy of the country as far as bass fishing is concerned - most conversations about bass fishing usually involve your state. For you all to come across so smug toward people looking forward to visiting your great state and fishing your great lakes is a pretty pathetic attitude to have.

It's not like deer hunting... It's not as if we are hunting non-resident and looking to kill a big buck and abolish from the genetic pool completely.

I don't feel like one should have to apologize or make this case... But for the sake of conversation - first of all you have get very lucky in 5-7 days with the weather. It typically takes a couple days to get on a good bite and figure out a good pattern for average to below average anglers. The true pressure that a group like ours will put on your precious bass is minimal at best. Not a single one of our 6 boats will be fishing with shiners so it's not as if we're conditioning the bass.

Your general attitude toward a fellow fisherman is pretty odd.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    I wish FL would make non resident licenses $1000 a day.
    That would be fine with me if they did as long as it was reciprocal and Alabama charged $1000 in return
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreBassin View Post
    It's not like deer hunting... It's not as if we are hunting non-resident and looking to kill a big buck and abolish from the genetic pool.
    Unfortunately that’s typically what happens, live bait to a fillet board or the wall.

10. Banned
    Or what about the speck fisherman that gets a limit, goes home and cleans them, freezes them and does the same thing the next day. Perfectly legal, but when they go every day and do this they are breaking the law as you are only allowed a two day possession limit here. Or the ones that keep every bass they manage to hook? Now that is pathetic, and it happens all the time down here.
    Nah, I am not smug, I am disgusted with the way our fishery keeps getting more crowded every year with people that have no respect for our waters and expect us who live here year round to welcome you with open arms.
    And then we have the clowns that catch a few big bass and put them in the well so they can take pics holding bass that are over the limit and hold them out of the water so long that they can'[t be revived?
    See the point?

11. Member
    That is ridiculous, personally witnessed that...cooler after cooler. Honestly if you're eating fish, and you're in FL...freshwater fish would be my last choice, just yank a bunch of grass up if you can find any, scoop up some muck and chew on it.

12. Banned
    Saw it happen again and again.

13. Member
    It's not only the fishing pressure but the traffic that comes with the tourists/snowbirds is ridiculous. I live just across the border in SE Georgia and we are starting to feel a surge in our population. because Florida is getting full and now the explosion is happening here.
    Bass Boat