Dale Hollow Thursday

Planning a trip to Dale Hollow Thursday to bass fish as I have most of the week off from work and the weather looks nice. I'm hoping the snow/ice is melted by then but if anyone is local and can verify that, that would be great! I haven't been to Dale in 8 years so I'm hoping to catch some fish and maybe even a new PB smallmouth(anything over 2.5Lbs ). Planning on throwing a jig, jerkbait, small swimbait and drop shot starting off but the front deck might look like a new tackle store by the end!
    Last edited by King31; 12-28-2022 at 06:48 AM.

2. Member
    How did ya do? I’m debating between Dale or Cumberland next weekend.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

3. Member
    My buddy caught 2 from daylight to dark and I caught 0. Still a good day at the lake but it would be hard for me to tell you which one to go to. I know a few people have been doing well.

Lake was packed Friday. Had 5 bites, caught 1. One of those days you would think would be good, but wasn't. Typical Dale Hollow.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Lake was packed Friday. Had 5 bites, caught 1. One of those days you would think would be good, but wasn't. Typical Dale Hollow.

Agreed, I was there Friday too. Had maybe 5 bites, caught 2 unders. I was hoping the water would be colder but it was 50 from 1st island to the dam. Might go back this weekend, though.

6. Member
    Thanks for the reports, we hit Cumberland today instead of fishing this coming weekend. I couldn’t believe the water was still in the 50’s was tough for us fished around five hours with just two fish in the boat.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite