North End of Brookville

Anyone have any experience fishing the north end of Brookville? North of the Dunlapsville Rd causeway? I know it is very shallow up there but have never fished it or been up there on a boat. Only been as far as the causeway there. How are the ramps up there? I am thinking about acquiring or building a 16ft tracker type boat of sort to fish some shallow water around the southwest/southeast Indiana area. Thanks.

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    There is a ramp just north of the causeway and another a bit farther north in Whitewater State Park. I'm not certain of any others farther north. Right now, none of those ramps are useable. I have used the one just north of the causeway when the lake was at summer pool. I've never had any luck fishing up there.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    I’ve had a lot of success up north when I was fishing tournaments. Brookville was my home lake. If you go thru the causeway and go left to the end where the bank makes the 90 to the north you can fish along way before it gets shallow. If I remember right the channel hugs that West Bank. I’ve caught several up thru there flipping lay downs. Not sure if Silva creek is still accessible but that was always a good spot but I think the standing timber is gone. If you really feel froggy, learn the channel to access the river on the extreme north end. There’s twists and turns but if you can get there it can be awesome fishing and very nice water and pretty unmolested even know there is a ramp up there

4. Member
    Farmboy.....were you able to get up the west bank in a bass boat?

5. Member
    If you put in up there be warned if you have out of state plates they have been known to vandalize a vehicle over the years up there.
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

6. Member
    Not all the way if my memory is correct. The channel swings towards the middle of the river coming In. You can float the boat for a bit up the West Bank but you’ll reach a point to where our 520 ranger would drag bottom. See if you can find a good topo map and you should be able to see the approximate channel location to make it further north. Wish I could be more specific, my memory ain’t what it was LOL

7. Member
    There are 4 ramps north of the causeway, I believe.
    However, now is not the time to put a boat in up there.

Real shallow as the Corp pulls the water level way down each winter.