Thread: Promax prop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Promax prop

Does anyone have an experience with these props ona 20xd with a250 pro xs opti I need another prop but I don’t won’t to blow money just to trying props out. Thanks

2. Member
    If not running a sport master it should work fine. Slung an ear off two different props this year. One was a Power Tech and the other a Pro Max.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    If not running a sport master it should work fine. Slung an ear off two different props this year. One was a Power Tech and the other a Pro Max.
    My lower is a torque master did the promax have a good hole shot (fishing load) an bow lift.

4. Member
    I ran a 27p Promax with a sporty with 1:62's, great prop once it got out of the hole, but mine only had the factory holes in it, after I sold it, people told me that if it had another set of holes in it , would have really helped the hole shot, wish I would have known that, loved it other than that

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullred View Post
    My lower is a torque master did the promax have a good hole shot (fishing load) an bow lift.
    Totally different boat, XRS with 300R, sport master lower running 1-3/4" above. If you will put a Bailey Foil on it, any prop will work out of the hole. Bravo, Pro Max, Power Tech I couldn't tell much difference in bow lift. The XRS is bow heavy so what I consider bow lift might not be the same for you.
    My previous Bullet, a 20XD with 250XS (gold block), sport master, 1.62 gears, 28 Bravo, 1-3/8" above, Bailey foil, good hole shot, handled very well. Goes without saying a 20XD screams sport master for best handling and speed.

6. Member
    Not sure if this will help as my boat, motor is different than yours. I ran a 31 promax on my 300r, sportmaster, 1.75 gears. It blew out really bad on holeshot break over because it is only 14.50” diameter , I put a blow out ring on it to fill the gap for my lower unit and it helped a lot. Prop runs great, really quick prop. Not my best top end but man it is fun to drive because it is sooooo responsive to the throttle between 20-80mph. My 32 Bravo is faster top end but not nearly as “quick”.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

7. Member
    A promax ran just fine on my 20XD with a 3 ltr. Not a top end prop but a very good handling prop with a coned tourque master.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

The ProMax is an excellent prop and works best with a Sportmaster. But I've run it on all sorts of boats with great results, and with a torquemaster. It likes to be run high.

9. Member
    Update on my post above. The Prop I ran was a 31.5 pitch and i liked it. I bought a 31 pitch and it did not do well on my rig at all. Sold it and went back to a bravo.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

10. Member
    I run one on my 21XD w/ 250XS with 1:62 and a torque master case. The prop is a all around great prop. It shines in mid range and handling. Hole shot so so and top end it does good just not the best. Overall though it scores very high do to the outstanding handling and ease to drive and the midrange is very good. It carries a load well too and does not bog down or change driving or handling. Mine gets to 76 fast and hits the wall shortly after.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    I run one on my 21XD w/ 250XS with 1:62 and a torque master case. The prop is an all around great prop. It shines in mid range and handling. Hole shot so so and top end it does good just not the best. Overall though it scores very high do to the outstanding handling and ease to drive and the midrange is very good. It carries a load well too and does not bog down or change driving or handling. Mine gets to 76 fast and hits the wall shortly after.
    well I went ahead an purchased a bravo 1 xs thought I was getting a 28 but I think the prop is a 29 it has a x 29 stt to amped on the nut area. I have not had a chance to run it yet as my lower is leaking water an I’m waiting on seals for it. (It’s always something)

well I went ahead an purchased a bravo 1 xs thought I was getting a 28 but I think the prop is a 29 it has a x 29 stt to amped on the nut area. I have not had a chance to run it yet as my lower is leaking water an I’m waiting on seals for it. (It’s always something)
    Keep us posted on that 29.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    Keep us posted on that 29.
    Well, I had a chance to run the 28 hub stamped prop slash/X 29 hub stamped. The prop seems to me like it is really out of balance my boat really shakes when I’m idling around. I did not get to run it far because I’ve not been able to get the lower unit seals.

Well, I had a chance to run the 28 hub stamped prop slash/X 29 hub stamped. The prop seems to me like it is really out of balance my boat really shakes when I’m idling around. I did not get to run it far because I’ve not been able to get the lower unit seals.
    Wonder who worked that prop? Doesn’t sound right about it.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    Wonder who worked that prop? Doesn’t sound right about it.
    I agree, I bought it from a member here who sent me a receipt from eBay site showing what was paid on it. He paid full price, an I was thinking I was getting basically a new prop that just didn’t work on his setup. I really have no idea as to what the prop is. But, something isn’t right with prop.

16. Member
    I sold someone a prop one time and he contacted me after running it complaining of the same thing. I had never had any trouble out of it and offered to give him his money back and take the prop back. When he took it off he found that his hub had cracked and caused the prop to be a little crooked on the prop shaft and that was the issue. He got a new hub and was happy with it. I'm not saying that is what is going on here but I would check it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenninr View Post
    I sold someone a prop one time and he contacted me after running it complaining of the same thing. I had never had any trouble out of it and offered to give him his money back and take the prop back. When he took it off he found that his hub had cracked and caused the prop to be a little crooked on the prop shaft and that was the issue. He got a new hub and was happy with it. I'm not saying that is what is going on here but I would check it.
    Yes Sir,I pulled the prop thinking I did not get iron right for some reason. I checked hub for issues an I seen no issue with it. I hope
    the seals I ordered this week to fix my leaking lower. I can run the prop around the lake playing with it to see how it works. I post up later on.

18. Member
    I have tons of experience with 20xd/250 ‘s and pro max props.

fastest stock props on mine. Mine runs lower 90’s loaded 1 person with a 29 pro max. Still run 86-87 loaded heavy with 2 people and a 28.
    28 lab finish was 3 mph faster on my old 20xd/250.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock2033 View Post
    I have tons of experience with 20xd/250 ‘s and pro max props.

fastest stock props on mine. Mine runs lower 90’s loaded 1 person with a 29 pro max. Still run 86-87 loaded heavy with 2 people and a 28.
    28 lab finish was 3 mph faster on my old 20xd/250.
    I got to run the prop but Where I was I could not stretch it out but I only seen 77mph at 6000 rpms fishing load. The next trip out developed a fuel leak on fuel line, now I’m waiting for it to show up. The prop seemed too be at its limit but I really had run out of water at that point so I’ll be back at it when fuel line shows up.

20. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Next time it happens, trim the motor up. My full barrel Factory labbed Mercruiser Bravo1 was B&B’ed by Croxton. It was a pretty bad shake. It’s called exhaust rumble and if you trim the motor up, it will go away. On my rig, if I’m trimmed down and idling anything 4.5mph if gets bad. Just trim the motor up
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast