Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    With Mark retiring I don’t know who I’d send a prop too now.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    With Mark retiring I don’t know who I’d send a prop too now.
    Yep, going to be a sad day when Mark hangs it up. Thats why I just had him work (3) props for me.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    Yep, going to be a sad day when Mark hangs it up. Thats why I just had him work (3) props for me.
    When is his last day, he is the top dog in props without a doubt!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    When is his last day, he is the top dog in props without a doubt!!
    I think he’s already hung it up but could be wrong , you know how the rumor mill goes but I was told by someone that I trust spoke with him and he had sold out and called it quits. I certainly could have misunderstood but he’s either done or really close.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    I think he’s already hung it up but could be wrong , you know how the rumor mill goes but I was told by someone that I trust spoke with him and he had sold out and called it quits. I certainly could have misunderstood but he’s either done or really close.
    So if he sold out I am assuming the new owner maybe able to work props ? Hopefully Mark taught him how .

6. Member
    Stein is correct. I switched from a 24Fury to a 24 Tempest--handled like a totally different boat. Feel like I gained 2-3 mph as well. If anyone is in the market--I have a 24P Fury for sale. 😊

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcbroom View Post
    Stein is correct. I switched from a 24Fury to a 24 Tempest--handled like a totally different boat. Feel like I gained 2-3 mph as well. If anyone is in the market--I have a 24P Fury for sale. 
    Mr. McBroom convinced me to try the 24P Tempest that I had Mark Croxton work for me. I just spent two days on Potholes Reservoir. Potholes is at an elevation of 1041' and the air temperature was around 55 degrees. My CX21/Mercury 250 ProXS was fully loaded with gear, full tank of fuel, dual consoles, two power poles and driver. Great holeshot, lift, 71 mph at 6090 rpms. My motor only has 14 hours on it and I was experimenting with the P2P between 2 3/4" and 3" below pad.

8. Member
    Conversed with Mark recently and he said he has no immediate plans to retire and to make that known.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    Mr. McBroom convinced me to try the 24P Tempest that I had Mark Croxton work for me. I just spent two days on Potholes Reservoir. Potholes is at an elevation of 1041' and the air temperature was around 55 degrees. My CX21/Mercury 250 ProXS was fully loaded with gear, full tank of fuel, dual consoles, two power poles and driver. Great holeshot, lift, 71 mph at 6090 rpms. My motor only has 14 hours on it and I was experimenting with the P2P between 2 3/4" and 3" below pad.
    Here's an update on the 24P Tempest performance. Fished a two day tournament at Potholes Reservoir this past weekend. Elevation is at 1041' and the average ambient temperature was 58 degrees. Full tournament load, full tank of gas, full livewells, two anglers. 69.8 mph at 5990 rpm. For the Caymas owners running at lower elevations, I can see this rig running 73-74 mph. I'll be back out on Potholes this week, I'll recheck speed and rpm with just me and no water in the livewells.

10. Member
    Has anyone tried a Bravo 1 vs the 24p Tempest? I just bought a CX21 and my friend also owns one and he's telling me that everyone is saying to run a 25.5p Bravo 1 to help with hole shot and top end in low 70s. Apparently it helps with chine walk as well.
    Last edited by Bigmercury; 04-17-2023 at 11:24 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmercury View Post
    Has anyone tried a Bravo 1 vs the 24p Tempest? I just bought a CX21 and my friend also owns one and he's telling me that everyone is saying to run a 25.5p Bravo 1 to help with hole shot and top end in low 70s. Apparently it helps with chine walk as well.
    I have a 25.5” bravo on order but I was told it has a July ship date.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

12. Member
    My boat was rigged with a Bravo 25.5 FS when I purchased. Good holeshot, mid range but not the speed I wanted. I was only seeing 68. If you want one, shoot me a PM and I will sell mine.

13. Member
    What chine walk? My CX21 drives like a dream. I ran Triton's for 18 years, you would need to drive them to stay out of the chine walk. My CX21 is the best driving and handling boat that I've ever owned.

14. Member
    Thanks for the responses. Honestly, I haven't picked up my boat yet (this week I hope), the dealer is still finishing it up. I'm only going off of the feedback my friend gave me on his CX21. He said it chine walks until he plays with the JP height and then it goes away. He's looking into the Bravo FS1 and recommended it to me if I decide I need to upgrade. I want to drive my boat and see how it performs and go from there. I don't carry a bunch of gear, just moderate loading and it'll have lithiums which seems to be a big concern because these boats weren't designed to have that much weight removed in the rear, causing the nose to plow water.

I guess the big question is how well does the Tempest run in rough water? I fish Champlain and the St. Lawrence sometimes.

Tempest does great in rough water, very good bow control.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

16. Member
    I have ran a 25 and 26 Fury, 26 Bravo, and now a 25 Tempest plus, the Tempest is best followed by the 25 Fury.

Got my 24 Tempest back from Mark yesterday...Gonna run it tomorrow...I'll update y'all once I do!
    If you think you have it bad...Look Around and BE THANKFUL because Someone Always Has it Worse!!

BoatWrx Alabama Team Member - Mercury Pro Team
    2023 Caymas CX21- Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke - Garmin Force & Garmin electronics
    2011- Ford 6.7 Powerstroke Tow Toy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12