Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar

Anyone on here make a 10-12 foot medium light spinning rod?

Trying to see if anyone on here makes a decent livescoping rod.
    2015 Nitro Z8
    2015 Mercury Optimax 250
    2019 Chevy Silverado

You can reach out to us next week when we reopen and give the specs you need. Lure weight, etc. It would have to be built out of our custom shop.

Assuming you need something heavier than a crappie rod, you *might* have some luck looking for rods used for steelhead and salmon fishing. There are some pretty nice ones out there, and they're built to be versatile enough to present a pretty wide range of rigs from lightweight (~1/16 oz) to fairly heavy (up to and over 1/2 oz) then handle the fight of a 4-20+ lb fish on light line in fast moving water. They even end up being offered in both casting and spinning configurations. You'll probably want to steer clear of those marketed as "centerpin" rods...even though you could stick a spinning reel on one, the handles and overall configuration on those is going to be awkward for normal bass fishing. Of course with that kind of length the balance is never going to be great. The weighted butt caps like they sell at Bass Pro help a lot. The other caveat is that because they are built to handle such a range of lures and handle big fish, the actions on them tend to be slower than what you're likely used to with a "normal" bass rod.

You could spend less than $100 on these up to just about as much as you'd ever want to spend, and there are lots of off-the-shelf options as well as a laundry list of custom builders that specialize in them. FishUSA is a place that caters a lot to this market and that might be a good place to start looking to see what's out there for off-the-shelf options.

Past that, I almost feel like you'd need someone to build you something on a fly rod blank to get anything even resembling what I think could be a "bass" action on a rod that long. Even then it's probably going to be tip heavy and more moderate than you'd like as it seems any sort of crisp action with that kind of length would be insanely fragile. I'd have to believe ALX would be able to build you something as good as it could be for your application.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

4. Member
    I have an okuma steel head spinning rod that i got for float & fly fishing a few years ago that was pretty cheap & definitely good for the money. I've been thinking about buying another 12 footer if i can find one. I have a 13ft. acc crappie stix rear seat that's sensitive but want another long rod mid reel seat because of balance & less wear on the arm,neck & shoulder in a days time . i'll definitely be checking steel head rods out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    You can reach out to us next week when we reopen and give the specs you need. Lure weight, etc. It would have to be built out of our custom shop.
    Dang! That's Kool as all get out!