Thread: New Triton

New Triton

Considering a couple different new Triton boats (20&21’). I know they are now a division of Tracker/BPS/JM…. Any information on newer model pros/cons. Thank you in advance.
    Rad Brewer

2. Member
    They are great boats, I have a 2017 20 trx, not a thing I dont like about it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

3. Member
    2016 20TRX here. Awesome boat would for sure buy another. The TRX line really hasn’t changed much by what I can tell.

4. Member
    Thank you both! Appreciate the information.
    Rad Brewer

5. Member
    I have a 2022 18 TRX. Great boat. Only thing I don't like is the seats sit pretty low.
    As far as quality, no issues at all so far. It's not a 90,000 dollar boat, but it's not a 90,000 dollar boat.

6. Member
    I have a 2022 trx20 Patriot. Pros - lots of storage space, good layout, fast and fun to drive, good ride, big livewells, clean design, solid trailer
    Cons - not very stable very tippy while fishing, 250 4S merc terrible fuel consumption, Seats sit low in dash graph hard to see, deck tool holders in a bad spot, no place for net
    center seat storage very shallow, lots of gelcoat issues that my dealer had to repair
    If you want a fun to drive fast boat. Triton is the boat for you
    If you want a stable fishing platform, its not

7. Member
    Thank you. My last two boats had 250 4S, I find your fuel consumption strange as I felt mine were good on fuel. I’ve had multiple Rangers over the years, last two were Nitro Z21s. Looks like the Triton has inherited a lot of the Nitro features.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT39 View Post
    I have a 2022 trx20 Patriot. Pros - lots of storage space, good layout, fast and fun to drive, good ride, big livewells, clean design, solid trailer
    Cons - not very stable very tippy while fishing, 250 4S merc terrible fuel consumption, Seats sit low in dash graph hard to see, deck tool holders in a bad spot, no place for net
    center seat storage very shallow, lots of gelcoat issues that my dealer had to repair
    If you want a fun to drive fast boat. Triton is the boat for you
    If you want a stable fishing platform, its not
    Rad Brewer

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I fish 4 Bass View Post
    Thank you. My last two boats had 250 4S, I find your fuel consumption strange as I felt mine were good on fuel. I’ve had multiple Rangers over the years, last two were Nitro Z21s. Looks like the Triton has inherited a lot of the Nitro features.
    I’m getting 1.7 90% throttle my 2 stroke was at 2

9. Member
    Have a 2016 TRX and like a few other comments above there are accessories on these boats that are not always found in other brands. There are some features now in the Tritons obviously seen in other White River Marine Group brands (Nitro/Ranger) but the price is being held below the majority of other brands also. This is my fifth Triton since 1997 and I have not crossed any quality issues such as fiberglass or other construction issues, yet. Appears very minor tweaks between the 2016 & 2022 models likely contributes to keeping the price down. IMO considering the features in the boat versus costs it was an easy choice to try the TRX. Good Luck.
    Last edited by dswindall; 12-26-2022 at 05:34 AM.
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums
    Garmin 126 (2) & 1222 with Panoptix

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT39 View Post
    I’m getting 1.7 90% throttle my 2 stroke was at 2
    Interesting, both have torquemaster lowers? Any differences in props?
    Rad Brewer

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dswindall View Post
    Have a 2016 TRX and like a few other comments above there are accessories on these boats that are not always found in other brands. There are some features now in the Tritons obviously seen in other White River Marine Group brands (Nitro/Ranger) but the price is being held below the majority of other brands also. This is my fifth Triton since 1997 and I have not crossed any quality issues such as fiberglass or other construction issues, yet. Appears very minor tweaks between the 2016 & 2022 models likely contributes to keeping the price down. IMO considering the features in the boat versus costs it was an easy choice to try the TRX. Good Luck.
    Thank you
    Rad Brewer

12. Member
    Have you looked at the length difference .. 20-21
    only few inch ..
    20ft is 20 ft 5 in starting at $69k
    21 ft is 21 ft is starting at. $77

im running 2018 20 trx Patriot .. love the boat…

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

13. Member
    I’ve owned both a 20TRX and currently a 21TRX. The 20TRX was a 2018 and unfortunately I had numerous issues with it.. but my dealer was great about everything and was able to trade me into the current 21TRX. And this boat is night and day better in quality than my 2018. As far as the day to day differences… the 20 Had a much better holeshot, top end speed I’d say is about the same. The seats sit lower in the 21, however I was able to fabricate some risers that improved that. The seats in my 2018 were comfortable but they didn’t hold your body in as well in rough water conditions. The seats in my 2020 are definitely better. Storage is pretty good with both boats, livewells work great and are a good size. The 20 has a little bit more room inside the battery compartment, however the front deck is a few inches longer on the 21, along with having more legroom in the cockpit. As far as ride quality, I don’t think either one rides bad, I’ve owned Nitros before and been in Rangers Skeeters and a Phoenix. I’d say the ride is not noticeable different than those. With the trolling motor down, the boat responded well to the Trolling motor.

Cons:
    - boat is tippy while fishing with someone on back deck
    - Tool holder is not in ideal location.. people always seem to trip on the tools while trying to net fish lol
    - no net holder on 20TRX
    - legroom is tight on 20TRX unless your a shorter person
    - seats get in the way of opening the lid of the center box at times
    - cooler is a little small and doesn’t hold ice that good

14. Member
    I have a 2017 21 TRX Elite, I've been in several different boats. While mine is not near as fast as my buddy's 20' bullet, Mine handles bigger water amazing well. Ive been in constant 40MPH wind and with the chop and waves, I never felt worried. Im a Big guy 6'4" 300lbs and have plenty of room behind the wheel. I can walk all over as well as my partner and the boat doesnt move at all.
    The only thing negative I can say is that I wish there was more padding farther back on the front deck. If they would just offer the entire deck in SeaDek or something similar, it would be perfect.
    I have plenty of room in the back compartments and have 4 full size batteries, power pole pumps, 4 bank charger and other stuff in the big back compartment.

Just my thoughts,
    JM
    2017 Triton 21TrX Elite
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Ultrex 112, Mega 360 w/ Helix 10 Di Si Meg+
    Garmin Livescope + on an Ultra 122SV at the bow.
    Garmin Ultra 122SV and Ultra 126SV at the Helm

15. Member
    Good information ATrain and Ohio. Appreciate it.
    Rad Brewer

16. Member
    Go for it!!

17. Member
    I’m 6’ and legroom is fine. One other con I forgot to mention is sometime my pant leg gets hung on the seat lever when I get up. They should have put in on the opposite side. Also I moved one of my trolling batteries to the port side so I now have 3 on the port and just the cranking on the starboard. Seamed to help a little bit with the tippy issue.