Toho/Kissimmee Mid March

Hello folks,
    I値l be heading down to Orlando mid March this year. Normally I知 there in late January early February but this year bringing my daughter and doing more of the tourist thing. Still want to get out for at least a day but I知 just wondering what to expect fish/pressure wise. Will be hiring a guide and using shiners this time so my daughter has a fun day. I know the reputable guides will always get you on something fish wise but just wondering if that time of year has a better chance of the big ones being on or will they be post spawn funk. Not totally stuck on Toho or the Kissimmee chain either. If anyone has a good suggestion for a smaller/less pressured area that guides cover say within an hour drive from Orlando I知 game for that too. Thanks very much.

2. Member
    March is good, fish Kissimmee OR pay the mouse for the extreme privilege of fishing Disney's lakes.

3. Member
    Chuck Pippin Guides on the Kissimmee, Harris, and Butler chains.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

4. Member
    You will have a great time, plenty of good fishing in March and I always find the weather a bit more stable.

5. Member
    Awesome thanks folks. I usually try to spend at least a couple days fishing when I’m there but this year is all about doing the tourist thing with my daughter so I want to try and make the best out of just one day. I haven’t done a day of shiner fishing either but I know that is for sure the way to have a better chance at a great day. Looking forward to the warm sunny florida weather and hopefully my daughter hooks into a giant old florida strain while we are there to make it memorable!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmaster View Post
    Awesome thanks folks. I usually try to spend at least a couple days fishing when I知 there but this year is all about doing the tourist thing with my daughter so I want to try and make the best out of just one day. I haven稚 done a day of shiner fishing either but I know that is for sure the way to have a better chance at a great day. Looking forward to the warm sunny florida weather and hopefully my daughter hooks into a giant old florida strain while we are there to make it memorable!!!

If its all about your daughter, book the Disney trip.

Any add'l cost is a small % of what you'll already be spending to get to FL and back.

7. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM64 View Post
    If its all about your daughter, book the Disney trip.

Any add'l cost is a small % of what you'll already be spending to get to FL and back.
    Do they catch a lot on the disney trips? Last time we were there we had a room on one of the lakes and I looked out to see them trolling with a spinnerbait with the pontoon boat in reverse. And I kept watching them fishing and never saw anyone catch anything.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

8. Member
    Ah the 'ol reverse pontoon spinnerbait trolling technique, how were they not tearing them up!?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    Do they catch a lot on the disney trips? Last time we were there we had a room on one of the lakes and I looked out to see them trolling with a spinnerbait with the pontoon boat in reverse. And I kept watching them fishing and never saw anyone catch anything.
    About 25 years ago I took the whole family on bass charter in a pontoon boat on the lake Downtown Disney sat and now I believe it’s called Disney Spring. We slow trolled 4 rods all with shiners. Kicked butt. Caught many LM and several were in the 4-6 lb range. No license needed if that all the fishing your gonna do in Florida. Get a morning charter before the lake is disturb by the crowds.