Repair of power pole circuit boards

Bought a boat, and it came with my first set of power poles. One doesn’t work and the previous owner says it needs a circuit board. After some quick looking around I guess this is a high failure item. Seems like battery chargers are a common cause.

Anyways, has anyone figured out what components on the circuit board can be replaced to fix it? I’ve have great success with fixing boards for appliances, automotive control modules, etc.
    1997 TR18 1996 Yamaha Pro V **for sale!!**
    25m Yamaha prop, 175 exhaust tuner, higher compression heads

2016 Bullet 21XRS 250 Merc Opti

2. Member
    Call PowerPole. They will be able to help but to be honest it might be better just to switch the pumps out.

3. Member
    I’ll probably call, but I’ll be disappointed if their new boards are the same as the old.

Are the new pumps any better?

Already a bit disappointed to see the board are not conformally coated for water and vibration resistance.

4. Member
    The new pumps are quite a bit different than the old ones. They learned a lot since the early days.

5. Member
    That’s good to hear. I had a hard time with a company’s product with a similar issue. Computer went out and they said it was from a battery charger or welding while the battery was connected. They gave me a discount on a new setup. I wonder if power pile does the same.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorebeater View Post
    I’ll probably call, but I’ll be disappointed if their new boards are the same as the old.

Are the new pumps any better?

Already a bit disappointed to see the board are not conformally coated for water and vibration resistance.

To clarify:

This topic is regarding HPU- Board design CM1.0 VS CM2.0. The HPU which houses the board and motor has been redesigned. I have no grounds to speak for Power Pole but will say that if you call Power Pole 813-689-9932 they will most likely work with you on HPU replacement. They would have no need to replace the pump assembly. The pump assembly is a different component...

I believe coating or potting the circuit boards would make it difficult to service them. Maybe that is one reason why many manufacturers in the marine industry do not do so. Who knows but it is common.

Regards,

7. Member
    text added to wrong box
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries