Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Merry Christmas TX Bass Club!

Wishing everyone a safe and Merry Christmas! Most of the old gang have migrated to FB but those that drop in from time to time, we need a get together in 23 ...

Merry Christmas everyone, its been a while. Definitely miss the old back and forths over here. We had some good late niters in here for sure….
    A get together would be nice Reggie, hope you have been well buddy….

Yes sir.
    Merry Christmas------Hope all's was better than mine.
    Finally caught the covid after all this time. Getting better but had two of the sickest days in my life.

Merry Christmas!! A bit late but been busy as heck this week. I hope everyone has a great 2023!

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Yes sir.
    Merry Christmas------Hope all's was better than mine.
    Finally caught the covid after all this time. Getting better but had two of the sickest days in my life.
    Sorry to hear that Mike. Hope you're getting better.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybee193 View Post
    ... A get together would be nice Reggie, hope you have been well buddy….
    Been doing OK JB. Retired, had open heart surgery, decided I better go back to work ... I've questioned that last move a time or two, but letting SS pay for my new GMC Yukon while the paycheck pays the bills. May reconsider in a year or so if my retirement accounts make a comeback ... Let's go Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Been doing OK JB. Retired, had open heart surgery, decided I better go back to work ... I've questioned that last move a time or two, but letting SS pay for my new GMC Yukon while the paycheck pays the bills. May reconsider in a year or so if my retirement accounts make a comeback ... Let's go Brandon!
    Been retired for several years and thought we were doing fine.
    The last two years have changed all that.. May have to rethink a lot of things.

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Been retired for several years and thought we were doing fine.
    The last two years have changed all that.. May have to rethink a lot of things.
    Yeah, we really need some pro-businesspeople back in DC. I lost about 20% of my retirement funds in the last year so this job has really been a blessing. Not what I was making before, but pays the bills and is an office job so not physically hard. Hardest part is rolling out at 0600 to get ready for work

9. Member
    Yep, Reggie. I miss the get togethers the TBC use to have. We need a reunion for sure.
    X

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeetRJ View Post
    Yep, Reggie. I miss the get togethers the TBC use to have. We need a reunion for sure.
    Where you been hiding, Jason?

11. Member
    Hiding at work, and working like a rented mule!
    X

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Know the feeling

13. Member
    So Reggie, you say most people migrated to
    FB. Is there a group y’all went to, or just individual “friends” getting connected?

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Well Johnny, howzit been? Still living on Tombstone? I belong to about 4 different Champion groups for the most part. The rest is just "friends" from my bass club then a few of the guys from here like Stompy, Fats, Charlie206, Troy250 & Skip. Skip & Martha sold their boat and got a camper. Elm Creek sold the marina and retired, I guess. WB is well, still WB. Don't really hear from Cork Puller much. He retired and built a place on TB. Not really the same, everyone being in here like the old days but times change I guess. I retired, went through some health issues then unretired after I got fixed up. Thought about retiring again, but until we get rid of the idiot in the WH and my retirement makes a comeback, I may just keep on trucking.

Holler at me sometime. If you ever make it back to Abilene, look me up. Always have a cold one handy.

I'm still around and lerk every now and them. If I'm on the computer this time of year I spend most of my computer time on "Texas Hunting Forum". Been good here, just doing the ranch thing.

16. Member
    Yep, I still live on Tombstone, and the name really applies right now. Water is so low my boat has been dry docked on the lift since Labor Day. Still, it beats living in Houston. Glad to hear you guys are still alive and kicking.

17. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katyag View Post
    Yep, I still live on Tombstone, and the name really applies right now. Water is so low my boat has been dry docked on the lift since Labor Day. Still, it beats living in Houston. Glad to hear you guys are still alive and kicking.
    DANG ... when it was full, I thought the deepest was about 10'

I`m still around, I look on here occasionally to see if any of the old crew is posting. I watch TFF for entertainment, those guys have major meltdowns when JJ cathes "their" fish .

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    DANG ... when it was full, I thought the deepest was about 10'
    No, it’s 34 feet at the deepest, bulk of the lake is in the 20’s. Anything less than 10 is probably full of standing timber. It will never measure up to Kirby, but it’s all I got.😂

Quote Originally Posted by katyag View Post
    No, it’s 34 feet at the deepest, bulk of the lake is in the 20’s. Anything less than 10 is probably full of standing timber. It will never measure up to Kirby, but it’s all I got.
    Hey, don't knock Kirby! Oops! Now JJ is going to come and claim that lake as his own too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast