Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How about your Champ !

Mine is an 08 210 with a Merc 250 Pro XS 4 stroke. It is well annointed with powerpoles, lithiums, and Garmins. Don't think I am trying to brag but this boat is blue ( not my favorite color ) and when I bought it in 2103 it was the only one I could find at the time that has the glitter flake. I like white boats but for me a white boat would either be immaculate or a pig pin, no middle ground. The glitter flake kinda hides some of the procrastination of keeping the boat totally detailed all the time.

It has only been a very few times since I've owned it that I had an outing and I haven't gotten complimented on the boat.

With that said , I like this boat and it is in good condition but not excellent. When people compliment it I usually have the thought of " Dont look at it too close " LOL. It has a few ouchies here and there and it is what it is. Kinda bothers me as I would like to have an excellent pristine hull.

I know a guy who has a bit older 193 I believe and it blows me away. That boat looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. How do you folks look/view your champ ? Does it appear to you as super sweet or just OK since it has a few defects here and there ?

BTW : Where is Pat ?

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all the Champ family. You all have been incredibly valuable to me over the years of my Champ ownership. This is my third Champ and I'll keep until I can' manage it.

GETFISHED !!!

Mine is an 2003 206 with a 250XB Med. blue and white see below. It is pretty much original except for gauges, electronics and normal maintenance stuff. It is a garage princess not perfect but has been fished but she still looks and runs great. I hate the tube trailer but its still in good shape looks wise who knows the rust I watch it. If I would have ordered it new it would have had a C-channel. But yeah its a Champ and they always get the nod.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

3. Member
    I have a 01-196 with a Hydro Tec 04-200 Yamaha with a phase kit. Nothin like a Champ! My 4th one !!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    I have a 01-196 with a Hydro Tec 04-200 Yamaha with a phase kit. Nothin like a Champ! My 4th one !!!
    Ha ! For a Champ, I bet that carries the mail.
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Member
    Yeah, runs pretty good!!!

6. Member
    Thought about updating to a Charger 210, but I’m keeping my 203. It’s everything I need, and probably more. Just got it carpeted, and it’s headed to Championship Marine after the new year to replace the Baltek transom. I’ll run it until I’m dead most likely. Still got a 250XB to slap on it if I want to accelerate my expiration date. Merry Christmas to the BBC Champion family, see ya’ on TRL this spring. BTW, I miss Pat too.

7. Member
    I had Championship Marine rebuild my transom, they do a great job!!!

8. Member
    I've got a 98 203, it's been fished hard for a long time, I've had it 18 years now. It has the original 225 efi Merc on it that still out runs more than most. I had championship marine redo the transom and replaced all the carpet 2-3 years ago now. Last winter I wet sanded it, buffed, polished and ceramic coated it. Then I updated all electronics to Garmin graphs and trolling motor. For it's age and amount of abuse I have given it, it looks great. I would be surprised to find many that look as good in that age range. I do have the urge now and again to upgrade to a charger 210 for the wider deck space and 25 year newer everything, but with little kids the fishing time is limited so what I have catches plenty of fish and a new one isn't going to catch anymore. Merry Christmas all.

9. Member
    2001 206, 225 Yamaha, all Garmin including trolling motor. She's a garage queen and don't see much action (dammit).
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

I’ll bite!

Love my 1996 202! Curious as to where Pat is as well.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BalsaBee View Post
    I’ll bite!

Balsa have you truly aired that rig out to see what it will do? I don't remember seeing any numbers after the flash to the motor....

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    2001 206, 225 Yamaha, all Garmin including trolling motor. She's a garage queen and don't see much action (dammit).
    I'll come down and will run some gas through it for you

13. Member
    I'll keep it short and sweet because I could write a whole page about my boat.

1999 203 DC
    1998 Yamaha Vmax OX66 3.1L
    Has a laundry list of upgrades

One of my favorite champion hulls I have owned.

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BalsaBee View Post
    I’ll bite!

Pat pretty well stays on FB anymore. Mainly on the Champion Boat Owners group but think he hits the other Champion groups as well from time to time

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Here's my 07 210, Yamaha 250 HPDI, 8' Blades. Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 (2D & down imaging) and HDS 9 Live (Active Target) on the bow, HDS 7 in dash and HDS 12 Gen 3 beside the console. All networked with NMEA and Ethernet. Rocker switch conversion to replace MegaLink. New carpet from Golden's Boat Carpeting & More

20200425_190604.jpg

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite203 View Post
    I've got a 98 203, it's been fished hard for a long time, I've had it 18 years now. It has the original 225 efi Merc on it that still out runs more than most. I had championship marine redo the transom and replaced all the carpet 2-3 years ago now. Last winter I wet sanded it, buffed, polished and ceramic coated it. Then I updated all electronics to Garmin graphs and trolling motor. For it's age and amount of abuse I have given it, it looks great. I would be surprised to find many that look as good in that age range. I do have the urge now and again to upgrade to a charger 210 for the wider deck space and 25 year newer everything, but with little kids the fishing time is limited so what I have catches plenty of fish and a new one isn't going to catch anymore. Merry Christmas all.
    I did exactly that, sold my '99 203 and picked up a Charger 210. While I really do like the 210, I miss the 203. I doubt I'll ever get attached to this boat the way I was to my old Champ. If I had a dollar for every time I went in the garage over the years to get a glance at the old girl, I could have kept them both with money to spare.

17. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    I did exactly that, sold my '99 203 and picked up a Charger 210. While I really do like the 210, I miss the 203. I doubt I'll ever get attached to this boat the way I was to my old Champ. If I had a dollar for every time I went in the garage over the years to get a glance at the old girl, I could have kept them both with money to spare.
    I came out of a 201 when I got the 210. I sure miss the 201's ride, but like the room and storage of the 210. And for a big boat, it's pretty nimble.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I came out of a 201 when I got the 210. I sure miss the 201's ride, but like the room and storage of the 210. And for a big boat, it's pretty nimble.
    Single console ? Nice looking BTW
    GETFISHED !!!

19. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Single console ? Nice looking BTW
    Thanks! Yeah, it's a single but the original owner bought the passenger console for it, so I've got it. Never been installed.

Love my 201. G2 250 HO. All Garmin.
    It's a 94' model. Last year of production.

Since hanging the G2, it now officially hauls the mail. It doesn't get much rest these days.

Attached Images Attached Images
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast