Livescope update

Greetings folks

I have been away from the forum for a while and quite frankly not in the boat for as long so I am trying to catch up on something before hopefully fishing a lot more this spring and summer.

I have livescope 32 and echomap ultra equipment. A while back there was an ongoing theme on this board of not updating the black box software due to issues one of the updates introduced to several here that posted about it. As such, I never updated my black box past the 2.2 update. Since then LSV 34 is out, and I see through Active Captain that the latest update is 2.61 for the black box.

I guess my question is for anyone not yet going to LSV34. Does anyone have the LSV32 running on 2.61 and is is working for you.

I have a number of updates to get caught up on for the Ultras and my Force but did not want to force 2.61 on the Livescope if it won't work well with the LSV32. I may upgrade to the LSV34 but not just this minute.

Sorry if this was debated and decided months ago. Behind as usual.

Thanks

I am still running the LVS32 and I have had no issues with the current update.

3. Member
    Thank you! I’ll probably go ahead and do it when I update all my graphs.
    thanks for the response

4. Member
    I'm sure there are several folks on here who would love to your black box that has never been updated. Roy, are you listening?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrasport80 View Post
    I'm sure there are several folks on here who would love to your black box that has never been updated. Roy, are you listening?
    This.

An un updated box along with an mfd not bastardized by the perspective update would fetch a hefty price.I’d sell that box if I were you.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

LVS32 never works better than with the newest update. Go for it.

7. Member
    Thanks for the input. I likely will just update which is why I asked the question on how will the new updates work with the LVS32. As some have stated, I likely could sell the un-updated box to someone having real issues with their equipment for more than it is worth, whatever a 2 year old box is "worth" these days. The issue is I want livescope on my boat and I am not eager to invest more money to have it so selling my box does not help.

I think if I traded in my old system for a LSV34 system I would likely still be making $1000 investment in the new technology. If I sold outright, the difference might be less....but still probably not close to $0 and at this point, while I would like to have the LSV34....I haven't been able to fish enough lately to justify the upgrade. Maybe, hopefully, this year.

Thanks for all who have shared their experiences and good luck to those still working to make their systems perform like they want.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

8. Member
    I have a lvs32 box and transducer combo that I’m going to sell to update to the 34. It was purchased within the first year livescope was released and has never been updated. Shoot me a pm if interested.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindhogg View Post
    Greetings folks

I have been away from the forum for a while and quite frankly not in the boat for as long so I am trying to catch up on something before hopefully fishing a lot more this spring and summer.

I have livescope 32 and echomap ultra equipment. A while back there was an ongoing theme on this board of not updating the black box software due to issues one of the updates introduced to several here that posted about it. As such, I never updated my black box past the 2.2 update. Since then LSV 34 is out, and I see through Active Captain that the latest update is 2.61 for the black box.

I guess my question is for anyone not yet going to LSV34. Does anyone have the LSV32 running on 2.61 and is is working for you.

I have a number of updates to get caught up on for the Ultras and my Force but did not want to force 2.61 on the Livescope if it won't work well with the LSV32. I may upgrade to the LSV34 but not just this minute.

Sorry if this was debated and decided months ago. Behind as usual.

Thanks
    I did the new 2.61 update on my LVS32, worked great. From what I understand, most who are having issues are ones who did it through Active Captain. My 1222 went to the 30.10 and the black box to 2.61, Absolutely love the new update. All that was added to it, the color limit and I now have no ghost tree and can get the 1222 to almost look like the Mega Live. Screen is nice and dark if I want it to be.

Dennis N. Did your 1222 get any kind of lag in it after updating to 30.10? Mine got a horrible 4-5 delay in the screen. Though hit it may have been a cable or network issue but I pulled the unit completely off the boat it was on and put it on another and the lag is the same. Garmin has been fantastic about trying to help but haven’t been able
    to get the issue resolved yet.

11. Member
    Does anyone want a lvs32? Non updated? 1022 and black box and garmin fingear pole.

12. Member
    Free?

13. Member
    I’m running a 32 that after much work I can see long distances pretty well.

37476518-22B6-4008-90A3-E75EB1D9A6D4.jpeg
    2019 Basscat Lynx 300 Merc
    2001 Stroker