Planes different from different batteries

So, my dad and I have been confused for a while why our Strokers feel so different when we get them on plane. His jumps up and has considerably more bow lift than mine does. The setups are almost the same, and we've swapped props back and forth between them but had the same result. Well we were fishing last weekend and finishing a can of thinking juice and it dawned on us, its got to be the batteries. I've got all lithium, and he has all lead. So we put him on the back deck right over the transom and got it up on plane and sure enough it was just like his. I guess losing that much weight that far back moved the COG forward. Seems obvious now that we've realized it.
    08 Stroker - '23 300R 1.75 Gears

2. Member
    Yup it will change all, Tim Powell has figured all that out
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    It will also affect the side to side balance.
    fastglass1
    2000 Stroker
    2005 250XS
    30+ Performer 3 and 30 Performer 4

4. Member
    You want to really get a eye opener , take off the heavy ass trolling motor your using and put on a old OMC that had the goofy bent shaft. Them suckers were light. I've had guys call me after putting on one of the new spot lock motors then think theres a problem with the motor cause they lost bow lift.
    I'd shift the heavy tackle back behind you to counter balance what you took out.

I'm switching to lithuim, would save about 120 pounds. Didn't think about the center of gravity, makes sense though. Adjust the items in the boat the best you can and see what happens

6. Member
    I used to have an old hand steer before the ultrex, and that was still an oddball to plane compared to my dad's. But I'm gonna try moving more weight behind the seats and see what I can do.
    08 Stroker - '23 300R 1.75 Gears