Thread: 2 weeks

2 weeks

looks like about that long before I get to get out on the lake again, this is gunna take some adjustment LOL or better acclimation to the cold

2. Member
    Maybe not much better down here.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You're in the high country now. But to make you feel a little better, it's 29* here in the Big Bend this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    You're in the high country now. But to make you feel a little better, it's 29* here in the Big Bend this morning.
    it was 24 @ 6am when I walked my dogs

5. Member
    Good fishing right now if you can take the cold.

6. Member
    Yes - very good fishing now.
    one of the best days i've ever had was on Keowee in the winter. Rod guides were icing up.

The amount of moisture we have in the air here makes it feel colder. I've had a lot of fishing days where I just felt like I couldn't quite get comfortable enough, yet it wasn't super cold out. In the upper 30's or low 40's.

There is some really, really good winter fishing on Keowee! Without question my preferred time of year to be on the water. No crowds, no overheating, good bite!
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

7. Member
    I caught a 4 pound 15 ounce Spot Sunday on Lake Wylie. Also 2 more 3 pound spots and a 3 pound Largemouth. I won't be able to go again until Jan 1. The Spots were in SC the LM was in NC.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody b View Post
    I caught a 4 pound 15 ounce Spot Sunday on Lake Wylie. Also 2 more 3 pound spots and a 3 pound Largemouth. I won't be able to go again until Jan 1. The Spots were in SC the LM was in NC.
    It took 17.8 to win on Lake Wylie this past weekend.

9. Member
    It took 26.5 for win at Murray sat.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    It took 26.5 for win at Murray sat.
    I really need to fish Murray more. Use to go all the time. Now I spend most of my time on Monticello or Marion.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    I really need to fish Murray more. Use to go all the time. Now I spend most of my time on Monticello or Marion.
    I live in NC, 1/4 mile from SC. Most of my fishing is in Lake Wylie. I usually catch a bunch but they're mostly small. I'm going to get to Murry sometime. My Son in Law goes there striper fishing. How's the bass fishing at Monticello?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody b View Post
    I live in NC, 1/4 mile from SC. Most of my fishing is in Lake Wylie. I usually catch a bunch but they're mostly small. I'm going to get to Murry sometime. My Son in Law goes there striper fishing. How's the bass fishing at Monticello?
    I really enjoy fishing at Monticello. Most of the time you never see anyone. It's clear water and deep so it's a little different. Takes 20+ lbs to win most tournaments.

I have caught my far share of stripers out of Murray. I mainly quit going because the lake gets so rough but the lake has been on fire the last couple of years. So a couple times of a year I head that way. I use to fish Wylie a good bit but the spots have killed the LM fishing. The LM are still there but they stay in the main lake.

13. Member
    Monticello is a great winter lake. Can be really good with jigging spoon. What's nice is there are no jet skis, waterskiing or swimming allowed so it's a quiet place to fish all year round.

There are some giant smallmouth in there as well as big blue cats.