12/18 what’s everyone been out too?

So with winter set in and pushing me off the water I’ve had 2 good weekends off firewood cutting and splitting. We were going to have my side over for Christmas Saturday 17th but half of the family was sick 🤒 Lol. Seem this years flu season is nasty…. I got most of my rods out of the boat and will put new big game mono on the reels for next year. I started keeping a note book of when and what size line I have on all my reels also how old it is. Mono is cheap but FC not so much!! I’m also going to get a new cranking battery for the boat, I’m planning a 12v 100ah lithium.. hopefully it is good it’s only $900…. Also really looking at mega 360 as well. Spring will be coming soon!!

2. Member
    So I’ve been off work mostly this hole week. Has been really nice getting things done. Got a bunch of firewood cut,split and stacked. Made a few trips to the city. Not sure that was fun Lol. Really like the fleet farm in west Des Moine! Good fishing section!!! Have not been ice fishing yet, just can’t get fired up for that.

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Highly recommend that 360!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Highly recommend that 360!
    I’m running active target now. I wonder how much interference a guy would get? Do you have live scope or live target Jim? I also have to figure out how I would mount a 3rd unit on the front lol. I would also only be using the bird for 360 I would plan on a 12” unit but I do see a lot of guys using 10” why would that be? $$ or is there not much advantage to a bigger screen for 360? What are your thoughts.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    I’m running active target now. I wonder how much interference a guy would get? Do you have live scope or live target Jim? I also have to figure out how I would mount a 3rd unit on the front lol. I would also only be using the bird for 360 I would plan on a 12” unit but I do see a lot of guys using 10” why would that be? $$ or is there not much advantage to a bigger screen for 360? What are your thoughts.
    Hey Redog,
    I have Panoptix (PS22) and non-mega 360 and don’t get any interference. The key is to just make sure you’re running the transducers on different frequencies (which if I’m not mistaken, they default to different frequencies). I acquired a set of ferrite beads this winter, so going to put those on to see if I can get an even clearer picture and eliminate the chance for interference even on the same frequency. Hope that helps even though my tech is a little outdated lol

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEbass97 View Post
    Hey Redog,
    I have Panoptix (PS22) and non-mega 360 and don’t get any interference. The key is to just make sure you’re running the transducers on different frequencies (which if I’m not mistaken, they default to different frequencies). I acquired a set of ferrite beads this winter, so going to put those on to see if I can get an even clearer picture and eliminate the chance for interference even on the same frequency. Hope that helps even though my tech is a little outdated lol
    Thanks for responding…one thing with the AT is I can stop the sonar very easily. What size graf do you run your 360 with?

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I have live target and use 12 inch solix screens. 12 is better because you could use a 50/50 screen or 30/70 meaning 30% of the screen could be the live view and 70% the 360. Bigger is always better
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I have live target and use 12 inch solix screens. 12 is better because you could use a 50/50 screen or 30/70 meaning 30% of the screen could be the live view and 70% the 360. Bigger is always better
    I see. I’ll only be using the bird graft for the 360. But I agree the bigger the screen the better.