Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm in Northern California and with all the rain and weather we are getting right now the duck hunting has been fantastic!!!! We don't get the mallards in my area as I'm shooting mostly public salt marsh. Plenty of other good ducks around. As long as you don't mind shooting wigeon, pintail, teal, and canvasbacks I could keep your barrel hot for a few days worth of hunting! Just the shear number of birds that we see in an average hunt is impressive! The duck hunting is definitely something that I'll miss when I move away from here in 2024 when I retire from the Coast Guard. I've chased ducks all over this country from East to West and North to South and I can easily say that California defnitely has it better than most of the country! A 109 day season and a 7 duck limit is a pretty sweet combination.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I'm in Northern California and with all the rain and weather we are getting right now the duck hunting has been fantastic!!!! We don't get the mallards in my area as I'm shooting mostly public salt marsh. Plenty of other good ducks around. As long as you don't mind shooting wigeon, pintail, teal, and canvasbacks I could keep your barrel hot for a few days worth of hunting! Just the shear number of birds that we see in an average hunt is impressive! The duck hunting is definitely something that I'll miss when I move away from here in 2024 when I retire from the Coast Guard. I've chased ducks all over this country from East to West and North to South and I can easily say that California defnitely has it better than most of the country! A 109 day season and a 7 duck limit is a pretty sweet combination.
    Mind shooting Cans……they are the best eating duck that flies.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    As a California native, I had the opportunity to hunt a fair amount of the state. I still go back every other year to hunt with my friend in SoCal. He's too busy squid fishing to hunt, so I'm planning on next year.
    One place I never hunted was Tule Lake, and that's my goal for my next trip, which will likely be my last as my friend is leaving the state next year. Kind of a bucket list hunt there...hunt Tule for a week, hunt the delta another week. Of course, weather pending.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12