EZ Flex Wet Bolt Kit with flat Equalizer

Im looking to upgrade my 2008 Marine Master trailer with the Dexter EZ flex kit. One problem I’m seeing is that my trailer has a flat/straight equalizer and all the kits I’m seeing have curved equalizers. Has anyone done this conversion before? I’m thinking it’ll be ok and just raise my ride height a bit, but wanted to ask around.

Edit: I just measured axle to axle and I’m getting 32”, not 33”, which is different too.
    Last edited by dabassking; 12-17-2022 at 11:52 AM.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    https://www.amazon.com/Dexter-K71-65...a-522419029602

This is what I used on my 2002 Triton TR-21 trailer.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limit5bass View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Dexter-K71-65...a-522419029602

This is what I used on my 2002 Triton TR-21 trailer.

Do you remember if your original equalizer was flat or was it curved?

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Don't remember.

5. Member
    Limit bass installed the same system on my trailer and I love it. Worth every penny.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

6. Member
    Can someone explain the need for this to me? I know nothing about trailers lol

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by ckaihara View Post
    Can someone explain the need for this to me? I know nothing about trailers lol
    It allows you to GREASE all of the moving parts of the suspension system. So it stops the SQUEAKING on older tandem axle trailers.

8. Member
    My 22 year old trailer is now silent. Makes zero noise. Less than brand new trailers that pull up to the ramp. Also if you go over big bumps, hit pot holes or the like the trailer does not bounce up and down. It’s solid as can be. Worth every penny
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

9. Member
    I’m revisiting this because I haven’t found a solution. None of the Dexter parts seem to match my current hardware. My equalizer is straight and my shackles look to measure 2.5” from hole to hole as opposed to the 2.25” shackles that Dexter sells. I guess my only option is to just buy the Dexter brass bushings and wet bolts and replace those only. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

10. Member
    Same issue here. My equalizer is flat and i measure 32 as well. 2004 tandem trailer. Likely going to buy and try....

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    Same issue here. My equalizer is flat and i measure 32 as well. 2004 tandem trailer. Likely going to buy and try....
    Let me know how it works out.

12. Member
    I have a 2004 marine master trailer with the straight equalizer also. I ordered the kit to try for next weekend. I will be changing the entire system under the trailer. New leaf springs and axle tie downs along with the kit. Will be sure to take measurements prior to and after the install. I estimate the fender wheel wells will be about 1 3/4 to possibly 2 inches higher when completed but will confirm when done. Will include pictures if I can remember how to post them.

13. Member
    I have this kit and will be putting it on myself in the next couple of weeks. Ill try to get some pictures and measurements for everyone.
    Jerod
    2017 Triton 21TrX Elite
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Ultrex 112, Mega 360 w/ Helix 10 Di Si Meg+
    Garmin Livescope + on an Ultra 122SV at the bow.
    Garmin Ultra 122SV and Ultra 126SV at the Helm

14. Member
    Give Marine Master a call. Give them the last 5 of your vin number. They can look up your trailer, identify the axle. Probably can advise if your trailer can be converted. I had to order a complete axle from them last week and I got great customer service. I ruined a spindle on a single axle 2008 trailer with oil hubs resulting in me having to buy complete axle. Poor maintenance on my part. Not the trailers fault.
    Spurgeon Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Quailtail View Post
    Give Marine Master a call. Give them the last 5 of your vin number. They can look up your trailer, identify the axle. Probably can advise if your trailer can be converted. I had to order a complete axle from them last week and I got great customer service. I ruined a spindle on a single axle 2008 trailer with oil hubs resulting in me having to buy complete axle. Poor maintenance on my part. Not the trailers fault.
    What did they charge for the axle if you don't mind sharing? You can PM me if you are more comfortable sharing that way. Thanks!
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X