Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    [from my understanding the 80# motors are a good bit lighter than their 112# cousins. The kit as configured wouldn't work well, but nothing would stop you from dropping the spring pressure by letting some of the N2 out of it. It's easy to do, but you'd have to be careful to not go to far or you'd end up having to send it back to the manufacturer to get recharged.

QUOTE=Danbaerwald;12798260]Ron. Would one of your kits work for my 80# 45” ultrex little heavy with the 360 and livescope but didn’t know if it would have to much pressure and make it not want to latch down when deployed?[/QUOTE]

2. Member
    Aaahhhh. The American entrepreneurial mind. What a great country.

3. Member
    Would this work on a 54" 36v 112 ultra with Mega live only? or is it over kill?

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Ron, this is a great service you are providing to the Ultrex community! I also love the entrepreneurial spirit!
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. BBC SPONSOR
    I think that the 45" kit would work just fine in your case. I have a couple other gentlemen that are doing that very thing. I've found that even with nothing hanging off the motor that you can increase the lift assist by about 15-20% and still just have to barely tap your foot on the top of the base to get the latch to release so you can stow the TM. It's all in how you look at it I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormdunker View Post
    Would this work on a 54" 36v 112 ultra with Mega live only? or is it over kill?

According to other threads people with the 24V Ultrex that have added 360 and/or target lock are replacing the shock with the stronger 36V OEM shock. It's a direct replacement, with no modifications required.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbaerwald View Post
    Ron. Would one of your kits work for my 80# 45” ultrex little heavy with the 360 and livescope but didn’t know if it would have to much pressure and make it not want to latch down when deployed?

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I could see that possibly working. I honestly don’t know anything about the weight difference between the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    According to other threads people with the 24V Ultrex that have added 360 and/or target lock are replacing the shock with the stronger 36V OEM shock. It's a direct replacement, with no modifications required.

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    I have the 45" 24V Ultrex that came with the 640N gas spring.
    The strongest regular gas spring is 860N for the 60" 36V motors.
    I changed to that when I added just the original 360. It helped some but was nowhere near enough for the added weight of MEGA LIVE TL.
    I now have two 860N installed and it is slightly too much, have to push down on the mount arm for it to latch. Did this before Minnkota made the upgrade mount or Ron started his mod.
    If you have MEGA 360, and MEGA LIVE TL, you need more than that 860N gas spring. That is the whole purpose of this exercise=why Minnkota has the mount upgrade available in three models.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. BBC SPONSOR
    I have one of the upgraded bases for my 45" 36 V and it only has a 1250N lift spring. My 45" kit comes with a 1400 N lift spring, which for some TM's is just a bit too much lift assist, but for mine is it perfect. I think there is a bit of variability in the lift force required based on the condition of the swivel joint in the trolling motor base.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I have the 45" 24V Ultrex that came with the 640N gas spring.
    The strongest regular gas spring is 860N for the 60" 36V motors.
    I changed to that when I added just the original 360. It helped some but was nowhere near enough for the added weight of MEGA LIVE TL.
    I now have two 860N installed and it is slightly too much, have to push down on the mount arm for it to latch. Did this before Minnkota made the upgrade mount or Ron started his mod.
    If you have MEGA 360, and MEGA LIVE TL, you need more than that 860N gas spring. That is the whole purpose of this exercise=why Minnkota has the mount upgrade available in three models.

Directions were fantastic! Everything went great, Thank you

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Meadows View Post
    I’ll try to get a picture of my installed kit later today. It tucks up in the upper portion of the base and uses a single spring. I provide custom mounting brackets and detailed mounting instructions.
    Did I miss the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Olecrosseyes View Post
    Did I miss the pics?
    It would be a duplicate of this Minnkota MEGA 360/MEGA LIVE TL mount with the cylinder end connected as shown.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks Wayne!! That's exactly what it looks like, except the spring in my kit is about 1.5" longer so the screws, 3 instead of 2, are further up the top, silver, section of the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    It would be a duplicate of this Minnkota MEGA 360/MEGA LIVE TL mount with the cylinder end connected as shown.

14. Member
    Ron how does it work with 360 and live transducer only? I have not convinced myself to purchase target lock just yet. Is it useable without bleeding some of the pressure?
    Nitro z21

15. BBC SPONSOR
    you will need to press down a bit with your foot to get it to unlatch to stow the motor, deploying should be ok if you let it build a bit of momentum on the way down. If you have no intention to add any more weight, I would try letting a couple seconds worth of gas out before installing it. Install, check the effort required to stow vs the inconvenience of stepping on it and repeat as necessary until you are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Ron how does it work with 360 and live transducer only? I have not convinced myself to purchase target lock just yet. Is it useable without bleeding some of the pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Meadows View Post
    [from my understanding the 80# motors are a good bit lighter than their 112# cousins. The kit as configured wouldn't work well, but nothing would stop you from dropping the spring pressure by letting some of the N2 out of it. It's easy to do, but you'd have to be careful to not go to far or you'd end up having to send it back to the manufacturer to get recharged.

QUOTE=Danbaerwald;12798260]Ron. Would one of your kits work for my 80# 45” ultrex little heavy with the 360 and livescope but didn’t know if it would have to much pressure and make it not want to latch down when deployed?
    [/QUOTE]
    Hey Ron.
    What's the procedure for releasing some N2?

17. Member
    Ron,

Payment sent via PayPal 01/01/23 at about 145P Central

Confirming my PM reply.

THANKS !!

18. Member
    Ron,
    I would like to order 2. Both of my ultrexes are 45" shafts.
    Thanks

19. Member
    Ron, I have a 24v 52" with targetlock and mega 360 and it is a task to lift it out of the water will this upgrade be too much for my setup? I see that minn kota up grade for 24v and 36v with 52" shaft both use the same kit.
    Last edited by Finalflight616; 01-04-2023 at 08:45 AM.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    I have the spring force adjusted more toward the heavier side for the 360, but you could always let some of the Nitrogen out of the cylinder and make it work. It's not hard to do, but it does require removing the spring to do so. The "upgraded" base for 52" TM's from Minnkota comes with a 1550N spring and my kit comes with a 1750N one.

Quote Originally Posted by Finalflight616 View Post
    Ron, I have a 24v 52" with targetlock and mega 360 and it is a task to lift it out of the water will this upgrade be too much for my setup? I see that minn kota up grade for 24v and 36v with 52" shaft both use the same kit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast