Detailing your new Caymas

Just a FYI- did a lot of research on detailing our new boats. I've always waxed my boats at leats twice a year and utilized Bassboat Saver regularly. I have a guy here in GA that utilizes the Ceramic Pro product specifically for boats. He had to be certified by the Ceramic Pro company. He attended a weeklong hands-on training session and has to be re-certified. The product offering is a 1, 3 and 5 year product..which equates to how many coats are applied. I opted for the 5 year which includes 3 coats and annual "check-up" and re application if necessary. The process took 4 days as the process requires preparation, application and curing. The process also included the ceramic pro plastic and seats application. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW..what a difference and a great way to protect our investments. The shine really pops inclusive of the merc. No more waxing, bassboat saver ect. All I do now is wipe it down with a microfiber towel and good as new. While this may not be for everyone due to cost, this product will protect your investment and reduce time on maintaining that look. This won't help you catch any more fish..but was worth the investment for me. Just my $.02.

So what’s the cost?

3. Member
    Wax

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasTom View Post
    Just a FYI- did a lot of research on detailing our new boats. I've always waxed my boats at leats twice a year and utilized Bassboat Saver regularly. I have a guy here in GA that utilizes the Ceramic Pro product specifically for boats. He had to be certified by the Ceramic Pro company. He attended a weeklong hands-on training session and has to be re-certified. The product offering is a 1, 3 and 5 year product..which equates to how many coats are applied. I opted for the 5 year which includes 3 coats and annual "check-up" and re application if necessary. The process took 4 days as the process requires preparation, application and curing. The process also included the ceramic pro plastic and seats application. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW..what a difference and a great way to protect our investments. The shine really pops inclusive of the merc. No more waxing, bassboat saver ect. All I do now is wipe it down with a microfiber towel and good as new. While this may not be for everyone due to cost, this product will protect your investment and reduce time on maintaining that look. This won't help you catch any more fish..but was worth the investment for me. Just my $.02.
    I have it on my truck, nothing will stick to the finish!!

5. Member
    I’m curious about this also I have a detail shop a mile from my house that does it and really considering it. My home is on well water and it’s terrible.

6. Member
    I went with Gtechniq Marine Ceramic coating and have been happy so far with it. It sure enhanced the shine and makes cleaning the boat a snap when you get out of the water. They say 36 months if your boat is exposed to the elements all the time but mine is kept in the garage, so expect to get more than that. I top coat it with a ceramic fast coat - spray on and wipe off - twice a year. I'm pleased with how it is performing and makes my clean up time much quicker! I had it professionally installed inside and out for $1,500 including motor and trailer wheels. The cost is expensive however if they do it right the prep work to get the surface perfect before they put on the coating is where the cost is.
    Boat.jpg

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtech71 View Post
    I went with Gtechniq Marine Ceramic coating and have been happy so far with it. It sure enhanced the shine and makes cleaning the boat a snap when you get out of the water. They say 36 months if your boat is exposed to the elements all the time but mine is kept in the garage, so expect to get more than that. I top coat it with a ceramic fast coat - spray on and wipe off - twice a year. I'm pleased with how it is performing and makes my clean up time much quicker! I had it professionally installed inside and out for $1,500 including motor and trailer wheels. The cost is expensive however if they do it right the prep work to get the surface perfect before they put on the coating is where the cost is.
    Boat.jpg
    Damn! The shine on that looks really really good!!!!!