Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mine is still in a box. But some get alterations on the cover so it fits
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Kinda what I figured. I know there is nothing illegal traveling without covers. It's just a lot of men on here really take care of their boats so I have a hard time seeing them heading down the interstate with rain, snow, dirty highway crud flying up on their babies. Some of the drives are hours long and in metro areas. Even when I installed an Ultrex on my rig the cover didn't fit right going down the highway and it pissed me off.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I took mine to a local canvas shop along with the boat. He added panels were b needed to go over the electronics. It is not quite as simple as it sounds as pouches are made for the new stuff. It cost me $175ish. Fits like a glove now. He did say he could make me a completely new one too.
    SB - I see you are around WP, Georgia. I’m about an hour + NE of you. I’m in the same boat as the OP and curious what shop you used and are you completely satisfied with their craftsmanship and service? Thanks, Jeff

4. Member
    I had Aurora Canvas make a custom cover for my boat designed to fit everything, but with my graphs removed (I gimble mount them on heavy duty Johnny Ray mounts so they are easily removed). I am not leaving expensive electronics in my boat at a motel. I travel a lot and keep the boat covered all the time when traveling more than an hour drive or if wet outside.
    ciao,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    I had Aurora Canvas make a custom cover for my boat designed to fit everything, but with my graphs removed (I gimble mount them on heavy duty Johnny Ray mounts so they are easily removed). I am not leaving expensive electronics in my boat at a motel. I travel a lot and keep the boat covered all the time when traveling more than an hour drive or if wet outside.
    I was kinda expecting more replys like Marcs. I keep my old rig covered on drives of more than an hour or bad weather. I am going to get my cover modified a bit to fit perfectly this spring

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    I just don’t go anywhere
    Me too. Hahaha

Are you crazy? Travel with a cover on? If you do that, others can't see the names on the gunnel!

8. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    My Rangers travel cover does a pretty good job covering everything. It'a little light around the Ultrex but it still covers the cap. I never tow with the cover no matter how far I'm traveling. It beats the crap out of the finish on the boat and causes excessive wear on a very expensive cover that I don't want to have to replace. The only time it's used is if I'm overnighting out of town to protect from prying eyes, rain, dew or tree sap.

9. Member
    I have duel stacked 12" units up front on a BBT mount. It only looks like it's a couple inches taller than TM. Don't see an issue with cover fitting.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

My cover sits in a roller tote for traveling trips. It's made to fit my current electronic configuration. If I were to add more, I would reach out to a few of the local places around here and have it modified.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

11. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Good notes here. I really need to go get mine slightly modified. Every time I winch my cover down it moves my active target. Wouldn't take much, but I don't want my cover flapping going down the interstate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12