Thread: Why Blazer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Blazer?

Ok. Tell me why I should purchase a new 2023 dual console 20' or 21' Blazer Bass Boat over any other Bass Boats that on the market today? Besides the Speed.

2. Member
    You got me on that one.

I can think of at least three other brands I would rather have.

Allison, Ballistic, Bullet.

There may be others if I thought about it more.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Blazer makes a good boat. Do your homework and pick the boat you want. Your opinion is all that matters.

4. Scraps
    I like the front deck layout and the low gunnels. Like the way they run. Take a look at Ken Smith's Blazer review. The rep he did the show with, Chris, really seemed to know the boats.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

I've been in a 595 and the quality in that boat is amazing. Excellent holeshot, ride, speed and handling. The boat fishes outstanding and in the end, the price for what you get is better than the other brands.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    You got me on that one.

I can think of at least three other brands I would rather have.

Allison, Ballistic, Bullet.

There may be others if I thought about it more.
    Completely irrelevant post. Nothing in your reply answers anything to the OP's question. Stop trolling.

To the OP, I picked up a 2021 650 and so far I really like it. Blazer boats come loaded from the factory unlike all other boats. The entire front deck is padded unlike most other brands that only pad the area where you stand. The low gunnels make the boat look really sharp and stands out in the crowd. The livewell system really shows they take fish care into account. Their design is probably the best out there with the aerator outlet half way down the wall of the livewell instead of up higher which ends up spraying down on the fish. The last thing I will mention is that when you drive it, you get the sports car feel with outstanding fishability, best of both worlds.

In the end, it is what makes you happy. I can't say much about dual consoles as I haven't had a boat with dual consoles in over 10 years. To me, single consoles offer more room, just need a mask for the passenger to keep their faces warm.

7. Member
    Not trolling. My first sentence acknowledged that I could not give him any reasons to buy one over any other bass boat which was his question.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

8. Member
    I previously owned a new one…. Never again.

9. Member
    ? Elaborate , Stratos81

10. Member
    I PM HIM COUPLE DAYS AGO. NO RESPOND

11. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The main thing that would keep me from buying one is the new ownership and not knowing who there now actually knows anything about boat building and quality. I'd personally wait a couple of years before buying a Blazer.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    The main thing that would keep me from buying one is the new ownership and not knowing who they’re now actually knows anything about boat building and quality. I'd personally wait a couple of years before buying a Blazer.
    just got my blazer last week. Better than many other boats I have seen and the ride is very good.

13. Member
    Welcome to the Blazer family

14. Member
    I could go on and on, lets just say its a bargain boat and plenty of corners were cut. Im sure theres plenty of satisfied customers, however there had also been plenty of horror stories through the years. When dealers drop brands over brands dropping dealers, there you go. Enjoy your boat!

15. Member
    Stratos 81 sorry for your bad experience, the new owners are building a boat on the level of any out there. I run a 2023 625 Pro elite the layout is great; the ride is unbelievable; speed will blow your mind! Blazer offers a loaded boat with everything you need without having to add 20 options at a great price point. MARKIMBASSTEAM you need to find a dealer and do a demo ride you won't be disappointed. I left a very popular newer brand out there to join Blazer and can't be happier.
    Brian Brown
    S2 Marine Pro Team
    Blazer Boats Pro Team
    Mercury Pro Team
    Power Pole Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by TBBROWN View Post
    Stratos 81 sorry for your bad experience, the new owners are building a boat on the level of any out there. I run a 2023 625 Pro elite the layout is great; the ride is unbelievable; speed will blow your mind! Blazer offers a loaded boat with everything you need without having to add 20 options at a great price point. MARKIMBASSTEAM you need to find a dealer and do a demo ride you won't be disappointed. I left a very popular newer brand out there to join Blazer and can't be happier.
    Each brand has perks. Blazer makes a damn fine boat but does need improvements imo. Backwash is expected but is worse in my 650 than in my previous Champion and Triton rigs. Actually, I've yet to ride in a boat that has backwash this bad even with experienced drivers. The clear coat on the finish is very thin as well. I had to have something touched up and repair guy stated there were only two layers of clear on the rig. Not sure if this affects anything however, maybe someone with direct exposure to this can shed some light on it.

17. Member
    I have owned 16-595 w/225 2 stroke Pro XS Merc a 18-625-SHO and a 20 625-SHO combo. The 625s I owned all fished loaded 2 -people over 80 GPS. All of these boats were great, back wash is not a big issue if you know how to drive the boat . Lithium batteries will also cut down on the back wash. Fish ability on the Blazers is far better than any Bullet. I owed a 21 XRS it was a fun fast boat but the 625s were better in every way except the bullet is 1-2 mph faster if the Bullet is set up right.
    I have driven & fished out of a Allison 21 Bass PRO Sport a few times. IMO Me personally would not own one . Allison boats are the fastest boat out there as long is that is all that matters to you. I know they are good boats and there owners love them, just not for me. The Ballistic boats look great but I have never been in one. Please check out the Ken Smith You Tube videos on all of these boats they are very informative. PM me If you have any further questions.

18. Member
    Replying to Big Dreams the backwash you just need to come off pad easier and this will eliminate most of the backwash, the type of hull under the Blazer's you're going to have some backwash it's a give and take for the speed you get. The thin gel coat has been corrected on the late 22 on. Blazer is a top-notch company building very high-quality boats.
    Brian Brown
    S2 Marine Pro Team
    Blazer Boats Pro Team
    Mercury Pro Team
    Power Pole Pro Staff

19. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Its not the type of hull that causes backwash.

20. Member
    Then explain what it is? that answer on the hull type came straight from the horse's mouth.
    Brian Brown
    S2 Marine Pro Team
    Blazer Boats Pro Team
    Mercury Pro Team
    Power Pole Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast