Thread: Why Blazer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TBBROWN View Post
    Replying to Big Dreams the backwash you just need to come off pad easier and this will eliminate most of the backwash, the type of hull under the Blazer's you're going to have some backwash it's a give and take for the speed you get. The thin gel coat has been corrected on the late 22 on. Blazer is a top-notch company building very high-quality boats.
    Thanks for sharing Brian. I am getting better at limiting the backwash on my '21 650. It is a challenge on big lakes like the great lakes. An issue I am finding after backwash is water begins to seep through the battery lid latch and drips directly onto the batteries.

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TBBROWN View Post
    Then explain what it is? that answer on the hull type came straight from the horse's mouth.
    Its weight and how its distributed on the hull. Any boat, which has the majority of its weight toward the transom of the boat will backwash. Blazer happens to be worse than most due to how the majority of the weight is distributed and how far that weight is distributed toward the transom.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    To add to the backwash conversation, what engine is being used?

The design of the Mercury V8 lower chaps act as a scoop, when you shut down water runs up the midsection (chaps) and then turns out and blows the water forward. I see this issue on most all new Mercury V8 powered boat.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    To add to the backwash conversation, what engine is being used?

The design of the Mercury V8 lower chaps act as a scoop, when you shut down water runs up the midsection (chaps) and then turns out and blows the water forward. I see this issue on most all new Mercury V8 powered boat.
    I run a Suzuki 250ss

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Just think of playing on a sea saw as a kid. If someone heavier than you is on the other end, they go down and you go up. Its all about weight and the fulcrum point on the hull. Physics doesn't change with hull design.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big dreams View Post
    Completely irrelevant post. Nothing in your reply answers anything to the OP's question. Stop trolling.

To the OP, I picked up a 2021 650 and so far I really like it. Blazer boats come loaded from the factory unlike all other boats. The entire front deck is padded unlike most other brands that only pad the area where you stand. The low gunnels make the boat look really sharp and stands out in the crowd. The livewell system really shows they take fish care into account. Their design is probably the best out there with the aerator outlet half way down the wall of the livewell instead of up higher which ends up spraying down on the fish. The last thing I will mention is that when you drive it, you get the sports car feel with outstanding fishability, best of both worlds.

In the end, it is what makes you happy. I can't say much about dual consoles as I haven't had a boat with dual consoles in over 10 years. To me, single consoles offer more room, just need a mask for the passenger to keep their faces warm.
    I thought you wanted the recirc outlet above the water level to get better oxygenation of the livewell? Could be wrong though
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I thought you wanted the recirc outlet above the water level to get better oxygenation of the livewell? Could be wrong though
    That makes sense but unless the livewell is full of water, fish at the top get pounded. In the grand scheme of things does it matter a ton? Probably not as anglers have been using that style for many years. It is nice to think we can improve on things though. After running it for a full year, I do like it better than designs with the recirc outlet higher in the well.

8. Member
    Lol, the horses mouth…. Uugghh…. Team guys….

9. Scraps
    Phoenix has an issue with the backwash. Just have to be aware and "goose" 'er a little coming off plane. Don't think it has anything to do with weight distribution but more with hull design.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Most all Phoenix boats come with at least a 10in jack plate. Again, its a about the weight from the fulcrum point of the boat. The laws of physics don't change.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    The main thing that would keep me from buying one is the new ownership and not knowing who there now actually knows anything about boat building and quality. I'd personally wait a couple of years before buying a Blazer.
    New ownership? I looked and found nothing about new ownership, only confirmation that the Craft family still owns the company. ??????

12. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Keith and Lonnie sold the company 3 years ago or so. Keith stayed on until last year but has now retired.

Keith and Lonnie sold the company 3 years ago or so. Keith stayed on until last year but has now retired.
    Any idea how much a boat company costs? Blazer makes all sorts of boats with bass boats being one of their smaller profits. Just curious to how much a company like Blazer is worth.

14. Member
    Any details, literally nothing comes up in a search and Im truly curious. Who owns it will decide if they stay on my short list for my next boat purchase.

15. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I was told the guy's name years ago but I don't remember it. I believe he owns/owned a boat dealership in the Mobile area.

16. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big dreams View Post
    Any idea how much a boat company costs? Blazer makes all sorts of boats with bass boats being one of their smaller profits. Just curious to how much a company like Blazer is worth.
    Depending on fixed assets, I'd guess in the $5-10mil range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12