Mega Live Target Lock, Mega 360 and Solix 12 bow mount - doesn't really fit?

Looked for a thread to see if anyone else has had this issue but didn't see it. I've got a 2017 Ranger Z521 with a Minn Kota Ultrex. Have 2 Solix 12s on a BBT stacked dual bow mount bracket. Installed the Mega Live Target Lock with the Mega 360. When I raised the trolling motor when done, the shaft from the Mega Live hit the top Solix and could not secure the motor all the way down. Managed a solution by drilling new holes in the BBT mount moving the top Solix to the right of center. Wondering if anyone else has run in to this issue and what they did to solve it. If there is a thread talking about this please put me in that direction.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I have the Hennessey (H.O.E.) bracket Wayne mentions. I haven’t installed it yet but I hope it works with (2) 15” Solix units up front. I can’t say for sure but I believe the Hennessey bracket moves your Target Lock closer to being directly over the shaft of the trolling motor more than the BBT(Bassboattech) bracket. The photo of the Hennessey bracket is taken from the perspective of being in back of the boat looking towards the front of the boat. Notice how it is “angled” towards the outside of the boat where Target Lock attaches to the bracket. This should move it closer to being directly over the trolling motor shaft.
    The photo of the BBT mount is taken from the perspective of standing at the front of the boat looking towards the back of the boat. The part that attaches to the Target Lock still “angles” some to the middle of the boat but not as much as the factory bracket. I’m sure that also helps a lot. I figured with (2) 15” units, I needed it be as far away from them as possible so that’s why I went with the Hennessey bracket. Again, I am purely guessing how much each bracket moves Target Lock away from your units but I think it’s at least something to consider when comparing the two. I also don’t think it makes as much difference with (2) 12” units as opposed to (2) 15” units. I don’t want to take anything away from the BBT bracket because a friend of mine has some of their products on his boat and they are EXTREMELY rock solid, HIGH quality products.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linesider View Post
    Looked for a thread to see if anyone else has had this issue but didn't see it. I've got a 2017 Ranger Z521 with a Minn Kota Ultrex. Have 2 Solix 12s on a BBT stacked dual bow mount bracket. Installed the Mega Live Target Lock with the Mega 360. When I raised the trolling motor when done, the shaft from the Mega Live hit the top Solix and could not secure the motor all the way down. Managed a solution by drilling new holes in the BBT mount moving the top Solix to the right of center. Wondering if anyone else has run in to this issue and what they did to solve it. If there is a thread talking about this please put me in that direction.
    I did the same thing pretty much exept I also bought the BBT mega 360 ultrex bracket and shorty gimble brackets to lower the units and drilled new holes on the top bracket to move that graph over to the right a little. I also make sure when stowing the trolling motor I rotate the Mega Live transducer so it's horizontal to the graphs. Oh, I also had to cut out the top left of the top graph cover a little. Note my 2 bow graphs are Helix.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

5. Member
    Thanks Wayne and Mike. One of those brackets appear to be exactly what I need. Flipping a coin now to see which one gets bought!

6. Member
    I put together this photo of the 3 different brackets from the same point of view. The view is from the front of the boat looking backward. The top one is the BBT, the middle one is the Hennessey bracket and the bottom one is the Humminbird factory mount. The ratios and angles of the photos are a little different but should still give you a good idea of the differences in the three of them. Mega 360 attaches on the right side of the bracket and Mega Live on the left. Notice where the Target Lock attaches to the bracket, both the BBT and Humminbird "point" to the left and the Hennessey "points" to the right. The Humminbird mount puts Target Lock closer to your graphs than the other two. This is why I said I believe the Hennessey mount moves Target Lock farther away from your units than the other ones.
    Hope this helps.

BBT - Hennessey- Hummminbird Bracket.JPG
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

7. Member
    Hi Wayne, I have the same type setup. Target Lock, Mega 360 and two SOLIX 15's on the bow of the boat. I am using the BBT combo bracket for the Mega 360 and Target Lock and BBT mounts for the two Solix 15's. They ended up having to mount my two Solix 15's to the right of my Ultrex Foot Pedal.... I am curious how your worked out when you got everything installed. garywaynebates@gmail.com twofivesix fourthreeone twosevenzerozero

Quote Originally Posted by garywaynebates View Post
    Hi Wayne, I have the same type setup. Target Lock, Mega 360 and two SOLIX 15's on the bow of the boat. I am using the BBT combo bracket for the Mega 360 and Target Lock and BBT mounts for the two Solix 15's. They ended up having to mount my two Solix 15's to the right of my Ultrex Foot Pedal.... I am curious how your worked out when you got everything installed. garywaynebates@gmail.com twofivesix fourthreeone twosevenzerozero
    I don't have the clearance issue since mostly I use 12" displays (sometimes a 12" and 10") at the bow and use the Humminbird dual plate. My units are centered at the bow, don't need to offset them.

Someone with your boat brand and similar devices may can help you.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Howdy,

I have an Ultex on a 522D with two 12 inch Solix mounted on a BBT dual stack mount. I have the lower profile brackets from BBT as well but they only lower the Humminbird’s by 3/4 of an inch or so.

Anyways, is the BBT mount or the Hennessy one the better way to go? Is there any interference or diminished performance caused by either one being in a different position?

Finally, FWIW, I did remove the plastic spacer on the BBT dual stack that sat between the dual stack bracket and the baseplate as it was obstructing my view (it raised the bracket too high) so the double stack is a bit lower than when originally installed by an additional 1/2 inch or so.

Take care,

Ruddiger