Motor will not trim or start on my Z21

Just checking my boxes here... I have a MK Precision 460PC with 4 interstate batteries. Cranking battery shows to be 100% charged but will not trim and when i turn the key nothing. Wondering if the battery is bad or could it be something else fuse wise?

i mean is it even trying to trim, prolly a fuse or connection.. A volt meter can be your best friend for these things.

Can u turn the motor over?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Have you tried a different crank battery. Sounds like it is bad. ABI is a good rule here, Anything But Interstate. Probably not a size 31 if factory.
    Rad Brewer

4. Member
    Did you try turning your main battery switch to jump mode?

What year. Did you check the clean power fuse?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

6. Member
    Do you have the jump start switch to boost power with trolling motor batteries?

There is so many different ways boats are wired that suggesting random things may not actually apply. I would start with the battery buy using a hand held meter to confirm actual voltage and work my way to the device that is not operating. First you need to know what the voltage of your specific battery is at full charge. Some 12V batteries are darn near dead with a reading of 12.0V on a meter so you need to know exactly what your battery calls for and use a meter to confirm. For example *some* batteries when fully charged read 12.9V and at 12.0V they are 35% charged, hence why I say you need to know exactly what battery you have and exactly what its supposed to read fully charged. If battery voltage is good I would check battery cable connections. After that it gets tricky because this will depend on how yours is wired so I will use vague general terms. I would check all on/off status of disconnects and breaker as well as the connection. If there is any fuses present I would check them with a ohm meter and also make sure the wire has a good connection. Basically I would start at the battery and work my way to the device that is not working checking all wiring, wire connections or devices that may be in place between the battery and the device your wanting to supply power to. A volt meter would be a big help in the troubleshooting process.

8. Member
    Check the kill switch! Just Checking.