Rotisserie Prime Rib?

Anyone done one? I have one built into my grill, and I'm thinking Christmas Rotisserie PM sounds amazing. Hoping for some tips/tricks/ timing etc. What say you fishing forum?

2. Member
    I do not see how this would not turn out great. I just watched Matt from Meat Church BBQ do a Prime Rib. It would make sense instead of cooking it at like 250* offset, you could do the same for the rotisserie, but may for a longer time? I would love to see how it turns out though!
    2021 Triton 19 TRX Patriot with 225 ProXS
    (2) Power Pole Blades
    Ghost, Ghost 360, Active Target, HDS Live

3. Member
    Been thinking about doing this myself, too. I will need to get a wireless thermometer, though.

4. Member
    Have one in the smoker currently. Supper is going to be sporty tonight.
    Using a Meater Plus wireless probe, really like it. Ace is a good vendor.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...meters/8074664

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Have one in the smoker currently. Supper is going to be sporty tonight.
    Using a Meater Plus wireless probe, really like it. Ace is a good vendor.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...meters/8074664
    I don't have a wireless probe. I was thinking that would be the only thing that could make it fool proof! Might go from 100$ chunk of beef to a 200$ chunk of beef with a wireless probe!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InfantryMP View Post
    I do not see how this would not turn out great. I just watched Matt from Meat Church BBQ do a Prime Rib. It would make sense instead of cooking it at like 250* offset, you could do the same for the rotisserie, but may for a longer time? I would love to see how it turns out though!
    I've basically got myself talked into it, I will certainly give an update next week!

7. Member
    Have a "secondary" alarm set for 118F, give me a moment to get ready to pull it.
    Pull at 120F, cranking heat to high, placing rib roast back at peak, pull @ 135F.
    My wife enjoys prime rib medium, me rare. Compromise at peak medium rare.

8. Member
    Jimmy boy, you think I should try and the same technique? Maybe aim at 250 until 120* and crank the heat on the grill to finish?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post
    Jimmy boy, you think I should try and the same technique? Maybe aim at 250 until 120* and crank the heat on the grill to finish?
    Why not? Don't like it, buy another rib roast and try again ... winning 2X.

10. Member

Last edited by TampaJim; 12-14-2022 at 06:59 PM.

11. Member
    Looks great to me, just need some Au Jus and horseradish.

12. Member
    If I lived closer I cood be persuaded to come give my opinion. But it looks really good!!

13. Member
    I was nervous about ruining 100$ worth of beef... but it turned out absolutely beautiful. I can't believe it took me this long to try the rotisserie. Had it going about 250 for 2 hours and cranked it at the end to finish. Pulled it off at 125 and carved a half hour later. I think the rotisserie really helped with keeping everything even. It was perfect medium rare from wall to wall!

1.jpg2.jpg

I was nervous about ruining 100$ worth of beef... but it turned out absolutely beautiful. I can't believe it took me this long to try the rotisserie. Had it going about 250 for 2 hours and cranked it at the end to finish. Pulled it off at 125 and carved a half hour later. I think the rotisserie really helped with keeping everything even. It was perfect medium rare from wall to wall!

1.jpg2.jpg
    Man that looks great!

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

15. Member
    Just curious, can you cook a prime rib in a rotisserie cooker designed for cooking a chicken? Thank you

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Just curious, can you cook a prime rib in a rotisserie cooker designed for cooking a chicken? Thank you
    I don't see why not, no different than what I just did. I enjoyed the rotisserie cook so much I'm going to try chicken next!

17. Member
    Thanks again so when I get brave enough to try it I may just give it a whirl!!
    I don't see why not, no different than what I just did. I enjoyed the rotisserie cook so much I'm going to try chicken next!

18. Member
    In warm weather I only use the rotisserie, that why I bought the Weber. 8 lbs. take about 1hr. and 45 min.