Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    idbefishing

have you guys sell your TSLA shares or you're still holding?

Man, what the hell is going on? Investors no longer have faith in this company or what?

2. Member
    I started a position yesterday. I think it will go lower but also feel it’s oversold. Was a good article yesterday on Motley Fool worth reading.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    My current average price is $248. As price broke down I reduced margin exposure by selling a little and I add money to the account every other week. At one point my $TSLA position was 90% of my portfolio it's now 50%. I will add, but I'm not sure when or at what price. No telling how low we can go in a bad market and then add in margin calls.

There's multiple problems. There's a question about demand, reports of plants reducing production and registration data is less than expected. The demand issue can be explained by covid lockdowns in China, and US customers waiting till 2023 to get the tax credit. Those are legitimate explanations BUT Tesla doesn't do public relations and will let rumors run wild. It is also possible that there is a demand problem due to the economy. Europeans are just trying to stay warm, they're probably not out car shopping. China was welding doors shut to apartment building a month ago, they had massive protests and just recently, China loosened restrictions. There probably was a demand problem. Is it short lived?

Musk sold shares to buy Twitter. Musk then also used a margin loan to pay off some of Twitter's debt with TSLA stock as collateral. Twitter has financial problems. The risk is, how much more TSLA will he sell to support Twitter? Now, we know that there are Tesla and SpaceX engineers working at twitter. For how long will they be there and what projects are now delayed because of it. Musk himself now says that the number 1 priority is fighting the woke mind virus. WTF is that. The number 1 priority was Tesla to get the world more energy efficient. The number2 priority was to make us multi planetary. Now it's wokeism? GTFOH

Also, SpaceX is selling shares. My theory is investors are selling TSLA to buy SpaceX today. People who have access to SpaceX probably prefer to have money in SpaceX rather than Tesla. Shotwell is running SpaceX and is an amazing COO. There's less Musk risk there.

The good news is, Tesla has $20billion in cash, nearly zero debt, 50% growth yoy for the car business. FCF was $3billion per qtr that will probably double sometime next year. By the end of next year, they could be generating so much cash that they can't spend it all without buybacks or major purchases. And that includes building new plants

Many people don't realize what the inflation reduction act did for EV makers. Not only do we get the $7500 credit to consumers, but there's huge incentives for the battery manufacturers. Alot of money will be made next year.

I suggest looking at the shared holder deck from Q3 earnings and then find some information about the IRA and the incentives given for EV and battery manufacturers.

Barring something drastic, like the FED, recession, margin calls on stock holders and or China issues I truly believe that sometime early next year price will start it's run to much higher prices. We need to get past this twitter crap and get past the demand questions. Q4 earnings should answer alot of our questions. I can't imagine price not being higher next year sometime than it is today. But, I don't have a crystal ball, and today's sellers would disagree with me. My bet, is that Tesla isn't just a car company. I could be wrong.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Trailing PE of 53, forward PE of around 29 with wallstreet analysts. I think the forward PE is below 25
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    Still massively overvalued. My guess it gets back to at least the Covid lows, probably lower!

6. Member
    Well, I'm all in now. A large position with an average of $182.71. Now I wait and see who has this right in year. Might not be me. But I did have my new house built with 100 amps going to the garage...

7. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    I started a position yesterday. I think it will go lower but also feel it’s oversold. Was a good article yesterday on Motley Fool worth reading.
    It might go flying tomorrow if JP says the right sweet words

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    I don't even think JP can help TSLA
    Thanos was the hero

9. Member
    Well maybe I should buy more today and flip it the next.

10. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I don't even think JP can help TSLA
    ah.........so investors have lost faith

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    ah.........so investors have lost faith

Thanos was the hero

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Something happening today. Volume is way up. Maybe Elon is selling. Maybe capitulation.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    [QUOTE=boneil;12786339]My current average price is $248. As price broke down I reduced margin exposure by selling a little and I add money to the account every other week. At one point my $TSLA position was 90% of my portfolio it's now 50%. I will add, but I'm not sure when or at what price. No telling how low we can go in a bad market and then add in margin calls.

There's multiple problems. There's a question about demand, reports of plants reducing production and registration data is less than expected. The demand issue can be explained by covid lockdowns in China, and US customers waiting till 2023 to get the tax credit. Those are legitimate explanations BUT Tesla doesn't do public relations and will let rumors run wild. It is also possible that there is a demand problem due to the economy. Europeans are just trying to stay warm, they're probably not out car shopping. China was welding doors shut to apartment building a month ago, they had massive protests and just recently, China loosened restrictions. There probably was a demand problem. Is it short lived?

Musk sold shares to buy Twitter. Musk then also used a margin loan to pay off some of Twitter's debt with TSLA stock as collateral. Twitter has financial problems. The risk is, how much more TSLA will he sell to support Twitter? Now, we know that there are Tesla and SpaceX engineers working at twitter. For how long will they be there and what projects are now delayed because of it. Musk himself now says that the number 1 priority is fighting the woke mind virus. WTF is that. The number 1 priority was Tesla to get the world more energy efficient. The number2 priority was to make us multi planetary. Now it's wokeism? GTFOH

Also, SpaceX is selling shares. My theory is investors are selling TSLA to buy SpaceX today. People who have access to SpaceX probably prefer to have money in SpaceX rather than Tesla. Shotwell is running SpaceX and is an amazing COO. There's less Musk risk there.

The good news is, Tesla has $20billion in cash, nearly zero debt, 50% growth yoy for the car business. FCF was $3billion per qtr that will probably double sometime next year. By the end of next year, they could be generating so much cash that they can't spend it all without buybacks or major purchases. And that includes building new plants

Many people don't realize what the inflation reduction act did for EV makers. Not only do we get the $7500 credit to consumers, but there's huge incentives for the battery manufacturers. Alot of money will be made next year.

I suggest looking at the shared holder deck from Q3 earnings and then find some information about the IRA and the incentives given for EV and battery manufacturers.

Barring something drastic, like the FED, recession, margin calls on stock holders and or China issues I truly believe that sometime early next year price will start it's run to much higher prices. We need to get past this twitter crap and get past the demand questions. Q4 earnings should answer alot of our questions. I can't imagine price not being higher next year sometime than it is today. But, I don't have a crystal ball, and today's sellers would disagree with me. My bet, is that Tesla isn't just a car company. I could be wrong.[/QUOTE

WOW.......90% of a portfolio in one stock??? May as well go to the horse track.

14. Member
    [QUOTE=[COLOR=#333333]Well, I'm all in now. A large position with an average of $182.71. Now I wait and see who has this right in year. Might not be me. But I did have my new house built with 100 amps going to the garage...[/COLOR]

Why buy now when you can probably pick this up at $34 next year?

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    You think it should have a PE of 6 or 7 next year with 50% growth?
    Thanos was the hero

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    You think it should have a PE of 6 or 7 next year with 50% growth?
    I’m sure you realize this went up over 1000% since March 2020. On what basis justified these gains other than reckless YOLO dip buyers blowing up these asset bubbles. Valuations haven’t even come down for next year in the face of these interest rate increases. I see a lot of pain ahead for these overvalued companies.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ETexBasscat View Post
    I see a lot of pain ahead for these overvalued companies.
    At this point, it's a short list for companies not overvalued.
    As retirees, we're glad to see the rate increases & correction.
    We weren't winning this round. Normal isn't a daily run up.

18. idbefishing
    I didn't never thought TSLA would come down so hard. I think if it wasn't for the Elon& Twitter deal it wouldn't be this low.

19. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The issue today is that Twitter is losing money. Musk is not gonna let Twitter go bankrupt, it would be embarrassing. Musk has the ability to keep twitter afloat by selling more TSLA shares. Which is total BS. But it's where we're at now. Good chance he was selling yesterday and today. Volumes were very high. We should know in another day or two if he was
    Thanos was the hero

20. Member
    $TSLA

Did we not see the massive head and shoulders? This thing is liable to return to $30-50.

Big shorts stepped in yesterday. JUNE 16 2023 166.67P - A huge position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast