Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

bad time to buy a boat

Do you think bass boats will be cheaper next year I'm talking about the boats that are one year old now and 65k-70k

2. Member
    My magic 8 ball says………….

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    My magic 8 ball says………….
    well don't leave me hanging....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    well don't leave me hanging....
    I think that’s his point. Take a good guess, that’s all anyone can do. Nobody knows for sure.

5. Member
    Used boats yes. Some folks will be needing the cash to sell what is owed. I am already starting to see a little bit of this in my area. New boats coming down in price not anytime soon

6. Member
    Yeah I guess, What I'm asking is how over priced are boats now? I'm new to the market I bought 6 years ago and never looked after that and when I did purchase i bought a under 40k boat (so how crazy is the market now, to what it used to be)

In decades of the boat business they never have gone down in value, including the recessions of the 2009 and 1980’s. You can always run into bargains, though the actual price tag value doesn’t fall.

8. Banned
    I don't see new coming down, may not go up as fast as it has, but no way do I think we see a 2024 model cheaper than a 2023 on MSRP.

9. Member
    If interest rates don't come down boat sales will slow down. High interest rates and high price tags don't play well together. Look at home sales. Interest rates climbed and some areas have already seen a 20% reduction in home value. Sales will slow as money dries up and becomes more expensive to borrow..... will prices drop? I don't know....I hope so.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    In decades of the boat business they never have gone down in value, including the recessions of the 2009 and 1980’s. You can always run into bargains, though the actual price tag value doesn’t fall.
    True..... but did we see the rapid 20+% inflation that we have seen from 2021 - 2022 in 2008-2009 and 1979 to 1980? This scenario could be a little different. It's all supply and demand at the end of the day...from supply chain materials to the finished product.

11. Member
    New boat prices will not go down. In 2021 I paid $54,595 for my new Skeeter ZX225 and now the ZXR19 which is pretty much the same boat with a new hull design is $67,295. So my guess is you might be able to find a boat that was sold in 2020 or early 2021 for a decent price. Anything after late 2021 or later going to cost you.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

12. Member
    Just like trucks. New will keep going up. Used are overinflated and should come down.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    Do you think bass boats will be cheaper next year I'm talking about the boats that are one year old now and 65k-70k
    No one can predict year to year, but definitely in the winter is a much better time to buy a boat if you're looking to get a good deal.

There's this thing called inflation .

To me summer is the best time for bass boats, that is if they have any. new model years show up in the summer and deals can be had if dealer have inventory. that part prolly won't be in effect this year.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. Member
    Probably some deals on used boats, but new boat prices are not coming down.

17. Member
    I think used prices might be tough for a while too. Higher interest yet, and people who have overpaid won’t be able to take a big loss so their prices are going to stay high. If there are steals to be had they will probably sell fast.

18. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    As long as they keep selling there’s no reason to come down. If sales slow down you might start seeing some rebates again. I don’t care what makers say there’s no way they cost that much more to build as the price they've gone up to since 3 years ago.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

19. Member
    For companies selling big ticket luxury items such as boats and airplanes the pricing will be based on the target demographics ability to pay. Information is readily available to establish, on average, the amount of discretionary income your target demographic has available for a monthly payment and you set your price accordingly.. As long as family income increases boat prices will increase. While manufacturing costs impact pricing no company is going to pass on the opportunity to raise prices and increase profits if the target demographic has the money to spend.

20. Member
    It is hard to predict. The Fed announced they are raising interest rates for December. As long as consumption continues prices will keep going up. Used prices might come down a little but not what they were in 2019. Even in a recession prices for anything will never go down before 2018. Those days are gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast