Thread: 15” Bow Units

15” Bow Units

Does anyone know if (2) 15” Solix units will fit at the bow of a CX20 or CX21 without interfering with anything. I will have an Ultrex, Mega 360 and Target Lock. If you have any photos, that would be great too. I know a couple of 12” units probably is not an issue but I already have the 15” units.
    Thanks
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

2. BBC SPONSOR

If you decide to not flush mount, we have some options available to mount a 15" screen. It will give you adjustability to counteract any glare.

If you have any questions give us a call.

270-703-6133
    jordanh@precisionsonar.com

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Bass Boat Technologies offers an offset right stack dual mount, but does not give the option for a 15" on top. I have seen them in the past make custom mounts for other boats to accommodate large graphs. Give them a call and explain what you would like to Do, they will work with you on it. Precision above makes great mounts as well. Surely between the 2 one of them can get you fixed up.
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

4. Member
    Friend of mine has a 16 on a boat logix mount and has no issues.

5. Member
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Friend of mine has a 16 on a boat logix mount and has no issues.
    I’m thinking I should be good with one but I’m wondering about having (2) 15” units up front. Do you think if he had a second unit that would be an issue? I know (2) 12” units would be the best solution but I already have the 15” units. Hoping between Precision Sonar or BBT or Boat Logix that I will come up with a solution. That’s a lot of hardware up there between Mega 360 & Target Lock & 2 units. Maybe I should just go back to the days of using just a flasher. I think I caught more fish back then anyway.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.

I’m thinking I should be good with one but I’m wondering about having (2) 15” units up front. Do you think if he had a second unit that would be an issue? I know (2) 12” units would be the best solution but I already have the 15” units. Hoping between Precision Sonar or BBT or Boat Logix that I will come up with a solution. That’s a lot of hardware up there between Mega 360 & Target Lock & 2 units. Maybe I should just go back to the days of using just a flasher. I think I caught more fish back then anyway.
    Damn I missed the two part, I’d think side by side there wound an issue with the TM, if they were stacked I’d probably have an issue seeing over or around them. Never seen it but what the hell post some pics when you get it mounted! Be interesting to see.

7. Member
    Lots of pic on caymas boats tips,tricks,sales fb group. Ask there to owners to post some pic.

8. Member
    Damn I missed the two part, I’d think side by side there wound an issue with the TM, if they were stacked I’d probably have an issue seeing over or around them. Never seen it but what the hell post some pics when you get it mounted! Be interesting to see.
    I have dual stack on my CX 20, no problems at all, wouldn't think there would be much difference in seeing between the two boats. What works for me may not work for you though.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    I have dual stack on my CX 20, no problems at all, wouldn't think there would be much difference in seeing between the two boats. What works for me may not work for you though.
    I have the dual stack as well with 12’s, 15 are quite a bit bigger.

10. Member
    I have the dual stack as well with 12’s, 15 are quite a bit bigger.
    If he puts the 15 on the bottom and the 12 on top, he will be fine, i have two 12 on the bow as well. I sold and rigged boats for over 20 years and tried most all applications!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    If he puts the 15 on the bottom and the 12 on top, he will be fine, i have two 12 on the bow as well. I sold and rigged boats for over 20 years and tried most all applications!
    He’s talking two 15’s because he already the units.

12. Member
    He’s talking two 15’s because he already the units.
    My bad, yes i agree i would not double stack those but you might get a BBT bracket and mount one over the trolling motor pedal and one in a BBT bracket where your flush mounted unit might go.

13. Member
    My current boat is a Triton and I have the 15” mounted over my trolling motor tray but I’m not sure the 2nd 15” will work at the bow if I get a CX20 or CX21. It seems like there will be an issue with the trolling motor. I even got the Hennessy mount since it places the Target Lock more over the trolling motor shaft vs being offset to the side. I got 2 new 15” units to replace my old Gen one 15” units. I got those before deciding to get Mega 360 & Target Lock. Now that I have both of those, I wanted to use the Gen 1 15” unit for Target Lock & the Gen 3 15” for Mega 360. It just looks like it could be an issue with my Triton or even a Caymas. It looks like there is a good possibility I will be switching to Caymas so I wanted to get some feedback. I don’t want to mount my Target Lock yet since I don’t want to install it then have to uninstall it just to install it again to a new boat. Just hate not being able to use my extra 15” unit but it sure looks like it could be an issue having both of them up front. I messed around splitting the screen between 360 & Live in Demo mode but I don’t think I would like doing that in the long run.
    I do appreciate the suggestions.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

14. Member
    Funny this thread came up, I was at my dealer today and there was a Skeeter in there with two 15’s stacked a mount that had been tweaked a bit to fit both of them and the fiberglass the plate mounted to had cracked. I’d think weight could have been an issue and being in rough water certainly wouldn’t help much either. I am far from calling out a brand because I think it could be an issue with any manufacturer in that particular area.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    My current boat is a Triton and I have the 15” mounted over my trolling motor tray but I’m not sure the 2nd 15” will work at the bow if I get a CX20 or CX21. It seems like there will be an issue with the trolling motor. I even got the Hennessy mount since it places the Target Lock more over the trolling motor shaft vs being offset to the side. I got 2 new 15” units to replace my old Gen one 15” units. I got those before deciding to get Mega 360 & Target Lock. Now that I have both of those, I wanted to use the Gen 1 15” unit for Target Lock & the Gen 3 15” for Mega 360. It just looks like it could be an issue with my Triton or even a Caymas. It looks like there is a good possibility I will be switching to Caymas so I wanted to get some feedback. I don’t want to mount my Target Lock yet since I don’t want to install it then have to uninstall it just to install it again to a new boat. Just hate not being able to use my extra 15” unit but it sure looks like it could be an issue having both of them up front. I messed around splitting the screen between 360 & Live in Demo mode but I don’t think I would like doing that in the long run.
    I do appreciate the suggestions.
    Do yourself a favor and call Van at Bass Boat Technolgies, he built the very first dual mount back in 2012, i promise you he has a plan that would work for you.

16. Member
    Well I don’t have (2) 15” type units stacked on the bow of my Triton, but I do have a Helix 10, HDS 9 and a HDS 16 mounted at the top. I had to offset the 16 to the right slightly to clear the trolling motor cable and it works just fine. As others have mentioned, give Van at BBT a call and I’m sure he could make something work for you regardless if you need it for your Triton or a Caymas.

17. Member

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    Well I don’t have (2) 15” type units stacked on the bow of my Triton, but I do have a Helix 10, HDS 9 and a HDS 16 mounted at the top. I had to offset the 16 to the right slightly to clear the trolling motor cable and it works just fine. As others have mentioned, give Van at BBT a call and I’m sure he could make something work for you regardless if you need it for your Triton or a Caymas.
    If you have a 16” at the top, then my 15” shouldn’t be an issue. I was just worried a 15” at the top would be an issue. My 15” over the trolling motor tray is not a problem I was just concerned the second 15” above that may cause me some issues. As some of the others have mentioned, I should be able to find a solution from BBT or one of the other mount manufacturers.

Thanks again everyone for the help. I really appreciate it.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike