Definitely moving to CT/MA!

I'll be there between March and June. I'll be in commuting distance of Windsor Locks. I am looking for suggestions on bass clubs as a boater. I know I'll need help adjusting to the rules and such up there.

Check out CT B.A.S.S Nation and The TBF of CT

2009 ELITE 210

3. Member
    Bass Tournaments, New England on FB. Large amount of clubs and talent. If nothing else, it will put you with people you want to be with and you can go from there. I’m sure there are more CT groups as well.

4. Member
    Where do you guys let your horses eat? Seems that everywhere in CT/MA has a 45mph limit...

Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis__1 View Post
    Where do you guys let your horses eat? Seems that everywhere in CT/MA has a 45mph limit...
    Don't know about CT but most places in Mass can be covered within 45 MPH even though I've never heard of anyone getting stopped for doing over 45 in Mass. Actually only stopped by a game warden once in Mass on the water at Lake Cochituate in Framingham many years ago to check for alcohol.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

Thats true, not a lot of big lakes in this area. However, I don't recall anyone ever getting a ticket for speeding. Now NH has the same rules and Lake Winnipesaukee does have a lot of Marine Patrol especially in the summertime

2009 ELITE 210

Biggest lake in the state is Candlewood. It is only 5,420ish acres. At 45 you're only looking at a 10-12 minute ride from end to end. Bunch of clubs in the state. I'm in "Litchfield County Worm and Jig", our cap, I believe is 20 teams.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

8. Member
    My club is a MA TBF affiliated club called Northeast Bass Anglers. We fish MA and CT predominantly but some years we mix in NH and VT derbs.. Our meetings are right over the state line in Agawam MA. I believe we have boater spots but I’d double check for you if interested. I let her eat most places above 45 except Candlewood and certain sections of the CT Riv due to the monitoring there. I live in Suffield CT and my wife is a teacher in Windsor Locks. Let me know if you have any questions about anything up this way.

9. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Not that I condone breaking the law , but there are only a few lakes that they monitor speed on in Ma , I do not have a go fast boat just a high 50's to 60mph on a good day and my boat only runs one way...WOT
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

10. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sofakingbigbass View Post
    My club is a MA TBF affiliated club called Northeast Bass Anglers. We fish MA and CT predominantly but some years we mix in NH and VT derbs.. Our meetings are right over the state line in Agawam MA. I believe we have boater spots but I’d double check for you if interested. I let her eat most places above 45 except Candlewood and certain sections of the CT Riv due to the monitoring there. I live in Suffield CT and my wife is a teacher in Windsor Locks. Let me know if you have any questions about anything up this way.
    Do they still meet at the Polish Club? Way way back in the day when I lived on Congamond and I first got my boat I used to mess with the local DNR officer He'd run radar on his little Boston Whaler and kept telling me he was gonna get me for speeding one day. I put a radar detector on my boat, he never did catch me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Do they still meet at the Polish Club? Way way back in the day when I lived on Congamond and I first got my boat I used to mess with the local DNR officer He'd run radar on his little Boston Whaler and kept telling me he was gonna get me for speeding one day. I put a radar detector on my boat, he never did catch me.
    they have faster boats now.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

12. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Fred way back then did they have the 10 mph speed limit till 10 0 clock

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Nope back then it 10 mph from sunset to sunrise. I think the town fathers set the 10 AM time long after I moved away. I'll have to ask my brother, he still lives on the lake.

14. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Doesn’t fish the way it did back then either lol

15. Member
    meetings are at the West Springfield Fish and Game Club in Agawam

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post

Check out B.AW.S out of Tolland county. We are looking for boaters and non-boaters for this season.

Marine patrol doesn't really enforce speeds unless you're on a busy lake or river.
    CT river in CT, NH/VT is your best bet to air it out. We do 3-4 tourneys there a year.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...=#post12681345

2023 BAWS Scedule.jpg
    Mercury 3.0l 225EFI
    2001, 0T264057
    250XB Fuel ECU
    300PM ING ECU
    Lightened Flywheel
    63cc heads
    Boyesen 2stage reeds
    Cowl mod

Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    Thats true, not a lot of big lakes in this area. However, I don't recall anyone ever getting a ticket for speeding. Now NH has the same rules and Lake Winnipesaukee does have a lot of Marine Patrol especially in the summertime
    Yes and the game wardens who will stop you if you have a Mass reg.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO