Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Pellet Grill Recipes

Just bought wife and I a Pellet grill. Totally new to this thing. Let's hear some of your guys go to & favorites on these things.

Find Kendrick BBQ on Instagram or online. Benny is the real deal, shows tons of content. Meatchurch is very good, Right way Bbq is another Big Moe Cason, smokedbbqsource, thebackychef. all have videos on instagram showing processes and recipes. Super easy. I've done prolly 30 of Benny's recipes and they are all excellent.

3. Member
    0-400 wings have become one of my wife's (and mine) favourites for me to do on the pellet grill. Season wings with your preferred seasoning, place on the grill, turn grill on and set temp to 400. Let them go for around 30 minutes, flip and cook til done. On my Recteq Bullseye it usually takes around 45-50 minutes total.

4. Banned
    Don’t care what brand but

https://www.traeger.com/recipes

" A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

I use it exactly the same way I used my conventional smoker regarding recipes and cook times. If you have smoked any foods on other smokers just try them the same way on the pellet.

7. Member
    Love mine and its real easy to use. NEVER let it run out of pellets during a cook, thats my only advice. I can make a great brisket on mine and if you want more smoke flavor buy a smoke tube and fill it with mesquite and some pellets to get it going and drop it in there. Does great on turkey breast too. You will read about the air fryers a lot and my wife loves wings on ours, me I tell her to leave 4-5 whole and I cook them on the pellet in the same time.

8. Member
    Brisket and pork butt. Sold my BGE after buying the Reqteq. Honestly, the pellet doesn't do ribs, burgers, chicken, and steaks nearly good as the BGE IMO, but great for a long slow smoke. I'm not expert enough to tell any difference. Pellet isn't bad for anything, but I do miss my GBE.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

9. Member
    best breakfast sausage ever - take a 1 lb chub of Jimmy Dean Regular, peel off wrapper and set in smoker and give it 45 minutes of intense smoke, then crank it up to 300 and cook for another 1.5 hrs or until a darkish brown color. Brauts in the smoker are pretty darn good also.

only other thing to remember is to clean it on a regular schedule, grease fires are real

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    Remember is to clean it on a regular schedule, grease fires are real.
    Regular schedule = Every time you use it. Best for controlling grease, ash, etc. Keep it new.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    NEVER let it run out of pellets during a cook, thats my only advice.
    Don't even let them run low, tunneling will occur and create a "void" in the auger, results aren't good.
    Keep it up at least halfway in the feed box. You'll remove the possibility of a tunnel occurring at all.

12. Member
    I also add a pan of liquid, beef broth or apple juice. If you like pulled pork try putting a coating of powdered sugar on it!! Good Luck!

If it can go in an oven it can go in a smoker. I’ve done everything from burgers to shrimp to strawberry Cobbler.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

14. Member
    My best is pulled pork but I've done pork loin, brisket, chuck roast and chicken. All of it turns out amazing.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

15. Member
    Congratulations - you will find yourself using it more than all your other kitchen appliances.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    You guys are making it sound easy to cook anything & everything. What flavor pellets do you recommend?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-A Bassin View Post
    What flavor pellets do you recommend?
    Dry.

Some will taste a difference, many won't. I'll suggest Bear Mountain pellets. One of the best you can buy.
    Sold at a slight premium, but fair. Flavors are plentiful ... https://bearmountainbbq.com/collections/frontpage
    Lowe's, Tractor Supply & others sell them. We're most fond of Bourbon BBQ and a mix of Apple and Pecan.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-A Bassin View Post
    You guys are making it sound easy to cook anything & everything. What flavor pellets do you recommend?
    Try the zgrills website for everything you want to cook. I use the pitboss competition flavor pellets, they are a great all-around pellet.

19. Member
    Academy sells Bear Mountain at a pretty reasonable price. Pit Boss is a little cheaper and is OK in a pinch. I've used Traeger pellets also and they are fine but not worth the premium price over the Bear Mountain IMO. Make sure pellets are stored in a dry place. After you start looking around for things to cook you will soon have many ideas. Pretty sure pork butt was my first cook. People told me it was forgiving and hard to mess up. It was delicious. I've modified how I cook it since then and people seem to love it. I've only done brisket once and it was pretty awesome. I vacuum it out after every cook. Wipe any area that look wet with grease.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast