Newby looking for advice on a Live Scope Purchase

The title says it all, I have a 2018 boat that I bough new, first new boat I have ever owned and it is rigged with (2) Solix 15" graphs.
    I want to add FFS and only know that I want Garmin, what I don't know is the model(s) of units I need to source which I understand is a completely different challenge.

At 65 my eyesight is not what it used to be so my preference is a larger graph. I don't need mapping unless there is no choice but could the community here recommend what I need to buy for a complete system?

2. Member
    My recommendation is to go with the LVS34 transducer and a 12" graph. GPSmap units allow you to record video; Echomaps do not. Higher resolution is better but the new LVS34 transducer works really well with all the 12" graphs in my opinion. Touch screen or knob controls is a consideration for you. I run touch screen and really like that style.

Great deal on a 12" touchscreen if the get them back in stock. On clearance because it comes with old transducer which you don't need anyway for Livescope only.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/garm...h-finder-combo

The LVS34 Livescope system is latest and greatest transducer and black box (required). Most dealer are required to sell it at retail, but some board sponsors here may give a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    The title says it all, I have a 2018 boat that I bough new, first new boat I have ever owned and it is rigged with (2) Solix 15" graphs.
    I want to add FFS and only know that I want Garmin, what I don't know is the model(s) of units I need to source which I understand is a completely different challenge.

At 65 my eyesight is not what it used to be so my preference is a larger graph. I don't need mapping unless there is no choice but could the community here recommend what I need to buy for a complete system?
    Kromer

I also have a 2018 boat with 2 Gen 1 Solix 15’s. I thought I could save some money, so I bought a mega live to use on my Solix units. Boy, what a mistake that was. I decided to get a LVS 34 & a 106SV (10”) Echomap during the Black Friday deals. As soon as I unboxed the 10” unit, I knew I had made a mistake. After viewing 15’ screens for the last 4 years, the 10” screen just looked tiny. Luckily, I was able to get a 126SV (12”) screen before BPS ran out of them. I am extremely happy with this set up & the 34 is far better than the mega live. I know a 10” screen would work, but after using the 15” units as long as you have, I would recommend the 12 if you can find one

5. Member
    You have been given great advice here!

There is a Garmin GPSMAP 8616xsv
    listed for sale in the electronics forum for $3900 One person responded so far, but you may get your name in on it if you want large.

7. Member
    If you don’t want a touch screen unit and Only intend to use it for Livescope you should check out the GPSMap 1222 unit. It’s a 12” button unit that a lot of people use for Livescope. This unit does not come with sonar capability so only get it if you’re sure you will only use if for Livescope.
    If there’s any chance that you might want to use it for sidescan, Downscan or 2d sonar get the 1222xsv that has full sonar capability.

I run Echomap 126 and 106 touchscreen units and I’m very happy with them but I know several guys that like the 1222 non touch unit.

8. Member
    For LS only and nothing is on sale I recommend 1222. I had one for a couple years then upgraded to 8412. 1222 has great screen resolution and clarity. Easy to use with the big button dial for settings.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

9. Member
    Great advice above. Get the lvs 34 since you are buying the whole system. 126sv is great especially on sale. 106 was nice, but 126 views much better in my opinion. Best of luck.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS