BRAVO XS vs. FURY 4 blade?

2018 Eyra with a 250 pro xs optimax. I’m looking for a hole shot/handling/load carrying prop and I’m thinking about a 26” Bravo Xs or a 24/25” fury 4 blade. Any of you fine folks have experience with both? Which would you prefer?
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

I ran a the fury 4 on a 2016 caracal and a 2017 puma ftd both with poles and standard 31 agm batteries. The 24/4 on the caracal made it like a new boat. The puma performed good as well ran about 75-76 mph. I had a 2021 eyra and ran a pair of bravo xs props on it but I had the new v8 on that boat, 26p bravo ran about 77-78. I really liked the handling and lift on that prop for that hull. It did not aid the boat at all in hole shot and the stern lift on the bravo is no where near the same as the fury 4. I probably would of propped the eyra with a fury 4 had there not been so many reports of them pitching blades. (I've personally owned 4 different fury 4's and two were even repaired from ramp rash, none ever pitched blades, ran them all about 120 hrs or so). I dont think you can go wrong with either prop for what your looking to do, however the bravo is not going to help your hole shot as much as the fury will. The eyra hull is pretty weight senstive so if you can run with 1/2 fuel and or have the coin for lithiums that would help the hole shot as well. Mine was pretty boggy with a full tournament load/ co angler and fuel.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

3. Member
    That is perfect info Louie! I’ve been in an Eyra for almost 9 years and have played with my setup a bunch. I think my days of chasing the rabbit are over. If I can find a good handling prop that will run mid 70’s loaded down and give me A good hole shot I’ll be happy. My 24” fury 3 blade is close but lacks load carrying ability with full wells and gas tanks.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Chris the bravo at 35-40mph will have the same lift that your 3 blade has at 55. . I was also fully on plane and with a bobs plate it would allow me to run flat at speeds as slow as 18 mph without it porpoising. I think the real ticket would of been a worked bravo on mine. I did run one that was "repaired back to stock" by croxton and it was 1-2 mph faster than the other two bravos I ran on my 21 Eyra. Sell your props off get one of each, the fury 4 is a great summer time prop.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

5. Member
    I ran a 27 Bravo on my 17 Eyra and it ran 75 fully loaded. Never got to try a 26 on it but always thought it would have been perfect.

6. Member
    Thank you again for the responses. I've been leaning towards a 26" Bravo XS. Sounds like I'm in the ball park.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Have you tried a 23 three blade Fury?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Have you tried a 23 three blade Fury?
    I gave it some thought but with the 24” 3 blade Fury I’m right at the limiter. I suppose it couldn’t hurt to try it. Remember, I’m running a 2 stroke optimax. I haven’t stepped up to the 4 stroke world yet.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

9. Member
    Ive run alot of fury 3 and 4 blades and bravo xs 26/27/28p. Its gonna be hard to find a prop that does everything your wanting. Mid 70s full tanks and fish to weigh in all at the same time with a good holeshot. The 24 fury3 seems small for the 250 2stroke. Should be hitting the rev limiter easy with that prop. You might try lowering the motor a little to help carry the loads your wanting and still might get 74-75 mph. Ive ran the eyra/cougar now the caracal.

10. Member
    I did have a bravo 26 xs worked by croxton. I dont know what he does different but that thing was the holeshot king. It would lay you back in the seat mid range. Still 74-76 2 people. And seemed like it would doit it in 100 yard stretch! Well maybe not that good but it was the best all around prop ive ever had. Hit the limiter quickly in the summer heat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkp2609 View Post
    Ive run alot of fury 3 and 4 blades and bravo xs 26/27/28p. Its gonna be hard to find a prop that does everything your wanting. Mid 70s full tanks and fish to weigh in all at the same time with a good holeshot. The 24 fury3 seems small for the 250 2stroke. Should be hitting the rev limiter easy with that prop. You might try lowering the motor a little to help carry the loads your wanting and still might get 74-75 mph. Ive ran the eyra/cougar now the caracal.
    Yes sir, The 24 Fury is on the limiter but not terribly hard into it. it runs pretty dang good at 76-77 by myself and all of my gear. 75 ish with 2. Holeshot, low to mid range handling and lift are what I'm after with a 4 blade. I think I'm gonna try a 26"bravo and if I don't like it I doubt I'll have any trouble getting rid of it.

Also, I have a Bob's hydraulic plate and yes, I usually run very low on the plate unless I'm trying to ring out a big top end number.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Quote Originally Posted by shapfromla View Post
    2018 Eyra with a 250 pro xs optimax. I’m looking for a hole shot/handling/load carrying prop and I’m thinking about a 26” Bravo Xs or a 24/25” fury 4 blade. Any of you fine folks have experience with both? Which would you prefer?
    <br>
    23 Fury for four strokes, 25 for two strokes, reworked by Ronnie Gilbert
    Last edited by lpugh; 12-14-2022 at 10:29 AM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

13. Member
    I have had several Eyra 2 and 4 stroke. My 2016 & 2018 would run the Fury 3 blade 25 for best all around. The Fury 26 could only be in colder months and small loads to, but it got the best speed. I learned from Ivan all plays into your speed, Hamby, trolling motor weight at front, poles-no poles, talons, Hyd Jack plate or reg. There are so many things to throw into the mix. Not to mention not all Fury props are the same out of the box, they may be the same pitch, but all all varied to some degree. I will mention my 2018 I could not get it to do nothing until I was told to start it higher on my Hyd jack plate and go down and it was a different boat after that. Totally amazed at what you can learn from basscat they know their stuff.
    Now my new Eyra 4 stroke has the 3 blade Fury 24 and I have had it summer and winter temps and it preforms great. I have tried a few others, but not the bravos you mention. The 4 stroke is a different animal but Im learning it.

14. Member
    Chris - I've owned a 2012 and now 2018 Eyra with 2s Mercs, 250hp. I currently run a 25 3 blade fury. I have a 27 Bravo I with the 8 vent holes that I have tried and didn't care for on the 2018 rig but did very well on my 2012. I didn't play with the vents so that could possibly be why but even at 4k rpms I didn't feel it carried this boat as well as it did the 12. I can tell you what helps holeshot on this rig is having a hydraulic j/p with the 25 Fury. Its a huge difference adjusting as needed with weight compared to leaving it in one position with fixed j/p. Not sure you have one on your rig. Also, not sure if it's one of those miracle combos I have but I've ran the slip numbers in the Merc calc for this rig and they are obscenely low for slip, fuel usage is minimal at 3-4k rpms...so for now I'll let the sleeping dog lay on my rig. Hope this helps...

15. Member
    Thanks guys. I have a 24", 25", 26" 3 blade fury and I run the different props depending on conditions, load, type of waters I'm fishing for the day. 24" and 25" tuned by Ronnie but in our waters it doesn't take long to beat em up jumping in and out of shallow holes and ponds. I run my 25" most of the time and it's pretty good all around. I ordered a 26" Bravo XS to try out. I figure if it doesn't do what I want I still have my Fury's. The Bravo will be easy to get rid of if it doesn't work. I'll let you all know how it turns out after I get it and do some testing.

I do have a Bob's hydraulic and I do adjust it for hole shot and it helps quite a bit. I also just ordered lithium batteries and that will help a bunch. Looking forward to getting her dialed in to the new setup.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

16. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I'm fixing the chase the dragon with the Eyra/Merc 4s. If anyone has a TXP 3 or 4 blade in a 24 or 25, let me know.

17. Member
    Coupe, when I get my rig we gonna do some testing. I know you've been on an island as no one else in the club really plays with their setup. Jason, I thought the Mercs like to be run low? TXP like to be run high. BUT, I like thinking outside the box also. lol

18. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Chad, I know with old 2 strokes on the Blazers, the TXP enjoyed the height. Now, with these new 4S motors and a Bass Cat, beats me but I'm going to find out if I can find a TXP. My Eyra has already shown it has the potential to be an 80-82mph loaded boat, so I'm intrigued to see where I can take it.

19. Member
    I hear ya Jason. I'm gonna do the same. I don't care if it's been tried before. I really like everything about a TXP 4-blade. It didn't like rpms above 6200, it would just stop pulling but up to that point, it did everything great on many different boats.